*Disclaimer: These products were sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
CBD For Life uses alternative, natural ingredients to create potent, soothing skincare and pain relief products. They sent me their full line of both types of products to try, and I am really impressed with the results I've seen so far.
First, let me explain what CBD is. It's a non-psychotropic cannabinoid that is found in cannabis. I know what you're thinking, these products are made from marijuana? Is that even legal? But no, there are no illegal ingredients in these products and they have nothing to do with the street drug.
CBD is the principal cannabinoid in fiber-type cannabis, which is a plant that's readily available to researches and is not the same as drug-type cannabis. Basically, have you heard of hemp products before? It's like that. There is no THC in these products.
CBD is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases, diabetes, nausea, and bowel disorders (among others). CBD For Life combines this cannabinoid with nourishing essential oils and other active ingredients to aid in reducing pain, inflammating, and stress. Their skincare line has anti-aging and rejuvenating properties.
CBD For Life kindly sent me quite a few products to try and I'm so thankful for their generosity! Their skincare line is free from GMOs, parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, and artificial coloring. All of their products are cruelty-free.
- Pure CBD Face and Body Cleanser - The antibacterial properties of this cleanser help keep pores clean and reduce the occurrence of blackheads. CBD may help treat acne due to the combined lipostatic, antiproliferative, and anti-inflammatory affects on the body. I tried this first as a body wash, and you only need a dime-sized dab to get a full, rich lather. I was a bit hesitant to try it on my face because I was afraid it would be too drying, but it's actually wonderful. It left my skin feeling smooth, fresh, and moisturized! I've been using this for about a month and my skin has never looked clearer.
- Pure CBD Hand and Body Massage Lotion - This lotion is rich and has a very smooth texture. It's deeply hydrating with a non-greasy formula, and a little goes a long way. It has skin-soothing botanicals of aloe, arnica, and lemon peel oil to help heal dry skin. It's also rich in Vitamins A, D, and E and antioxidants that help boost elasticity. The essential fatty acid and lipid-producing effects of CBD can help skin issues such as eczema and psoriasis. I think this cream is perfect for any time of year, but especially wintertime because of all the dryness in the air.
- Pure CBD Foot Cream - I was most excited to try this foot cream because my heels are rough and cracked (I know, gross, but it happens!). This is a really thick cream and it feels so luxurious to use! I like putting it on after a shower and then covering my feet in warm socks to really help it absorb into my skin. CBD has antibacterial properties that help kill bacteria and keep feet fungus-free. The cream is also infused with eucalyptus, peppermint oil, arnica, jojoba, and aloe vera for additional soothing and to reduce soreness and swelling.
- Pure CBD Lip Balm - CBD oil is a natural emollient that's helpful for conditioning lips. This lip balm also contains mineral oil to help lips appear smooth and moist with a hint of shine. The balm is gel-like in consistency and makes my lips feel hydrated for long periods of time.
- Pure CBD Eye Serum - This eye serum is great for reducing puffiness in the under eye area due to the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD. This is also rich in Vitamins A, D, and E and antioxidants to stimulate collagen production and lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also is packed with anti-aging ingredients of olive, grapeseed, and avocado oils and cucumber, aloe, and chamomile. Licorice and coffee extracts also help lighten dark spots and even out skin tone. I like the airtight pump dispenser, it makes it easy to dispense just enough eye cream and keeps the product inside fresh. It glides easily onto the delicate under eye area.
- Pure CBD Face Cream - I love this face cream! It's so smooth and hydrating. Hemp extracts leave face looking radiant and the lipid-producing effects of CBD can help combat acne and rosacea. It also helps reduce redness, which is a benefit I've already seen with just a month's use. I've been using this at night and adding a bit of sunscreen to it during the day, and I like that it absorbs quickly into my skin and leaves it feeling smooth and hydrated.
CBD For Life also boasts an excellent line of pain relief products. I was especially thankful for these after hitting the gym and going a little extra on leg day!
- Pure CBD For Life Rub in Original and Lemongrass - Both of these sore muscle rubs smell great, but I especially love the original formula. It's spicy and just really smells good to me. I used this on my hamstrings and thighs after the aforementioned tough workout and I could feel it immediately. It leaves that nice, warm feeling and the next morning I was a lot less sore. It works to reduce inflammation causing deep muscle pain and body aches. CBD is combined with beeswax, camphor, cajuput oil, menthol, lanolin, cassia oil, eucalyptus oil, mint oil, and love oil for rapid absorption and deep penetration.
- 99% Pure CBD Extract Pain Relief Spray - This pain relief spray is convenient for those heard-to-reach places, like the center of my back. I used this on the center of my back/shoulder area, and I also applied it to my lower back the other night. It's easy to apply, just spray wherever you need it, and it absorbs quickly into the skin. It feels cool and refreshing upon application and leaves a little tingling sensation as it works to soothe muscle pain and aches. Camphor, menthol, and eucalyptus oil give that tingling feeling, while lidocaine (a local anesthetic) causes temporary numbness and can be used to stop itching and pain from scrapes, minor burns, and insect bites.
- Pure CBD Oral Spray - This spray delivers a high dose of help-derived CBD into your mouth, allowing for quick absorption. You can spray 2-3 times under your tongue as needed to help reduce inflammation throughout the body. The antiemetic properties of CBD have also bee nshown to reduce nausea. CBD naturally acts on the endocannabinoid system, which is made up of receptors in the brain and throughout the central and peripheral nervous sytsems, to combat anxiety and depression. I have to admit that this is the one product I have not tried, simply because I have not yet had a cause to use it. I haven't come across any nausea or anxiety, but based on the efficacy of the other products I would be willing to bet that this works just as well.
|Pure CBD Face Cream|
|CBD For Life Rub in Lemongrass|
Bottom Line: I'm very impressed by the entire CBD For Life line! I've had great results with their skincare and the pain relief products are fast-acting and worked great to relieve my sore muscles. If you're looking for a naturally-derived, cruelty-free line of effective products, I definitely recommend giving CBD For Life a try!