*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review. Post contains affiliate links.
WhiskerBox is a themed monthly cat box that was created based on one principle: allow cats to give back to the cat community. Their Chief Engagement Officer, Smokey, is a rescue cat and his humans, Eileen and William, wanted to launch a box that would help other cats in need.
Each box has lots of treats for cats and their humans alike, including stylish apparel, delicious treats, and other surprise specialty items. All of the items are evaluated and tested before being selected to ensure high quality and maximum fun for cats!
I loved the packaging and design of the box. The colors are bright and everything was packed neatly and securely. Each month you'll receive 4-6 premium items with a retail value of $65+ for $39.95 per box. Shipping is free to the U.S. and Canada.
You can also customize the box when you sign up by providing your cat's name, gender, and sizing. You can also choose to replace any edible items with non-edibles, like toys.
October's theme was, not surprisingly "Skeletons in the Closet." I love that the info card was personalized for Tully (lower right hand corner of the photo)! There were six items for her and one little treat for me, too.
- Sweet Pickles' DESIGNS The Sweet Tooth Bow Tie ($10) - I love when cats wear bowties, it's just too freaking cute! Tully, however, doesn't wear a collar so I don't have anything to attach this to. I might pick her up a cheap collar in the future just to see if she'd be amenable to wearing it and this bowtie.
- Cloud 9 Egg-Splosive Treat ($7) - I've seen these treats before at my local pet store and the packaging always caught my eye. Tully is picky about her treats, so I wasn't sure if she was going to like the egg flavor (she didn't). My parents' cat is not at all picky, though, so I will pass these along to them.
- Whiskers' n Paws Birbit Toy ($7) - Tully loves anything with fur/feathers on it, so I had a feeling she would love this. As soon as I took it out of the packaging she took to throwing it around in the air and chewing on it. It was a huge hit (see video below)! Then I realized that it's made from rabbit fur--I apologized to Tully's sisfur, Beanie :(
- Cat Couture Lion Mane Costume ($35) - I was not sure how this one was going to go down. I've never attempted to put clothes on Tully, but she's very chill so I thought she might like it. She kept it on long enough for me to take a photo, but then she started pawing at it so I took it off. I don't think she's the type of cat who likes wearing clothes, which is too bad because this is adorable!
- Weruva Truluxe Premium Food in Steak Frites ($3) - Weruva makes awesome cat food with real ingredients. If you've never tried it before, when you open it up it really looks like it could be human food. It's very high quality and I love giving it to Tully once in a while as a treat. She devoured this.
- For Mew Skeleton Crisp Toy ($10) - I love the design on this! Two little skeleton cats with some skeleton mice. It's made of catnip and crinkle, and crinkle toys are always a hit. Tully liked chasing this around quite a bit.
- Candy - You can see in the photo above that this has "Human" written on it, so it's a nice little treat for me. It seems like they shouldn't have to label people candy as a for humans only, but better safe than sorry.
|Tully with the For Mew toy|
|Wearing the Cat Couture costume|
And here is a quick video of her playing with the Birbit toy:
Bottom Line: I loved this WhiskerBox and I think Tully did, too! All of the toys and treats were really great and well-made, and I can tell that WhiskerBox really does put a lot of thought into ensuring that all of the items are excellent quality.