*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
Taste and Curiosity currently has three boxes available with plans to expand to other countries very soon. European boxes are what they have planned net! They are not currently a renewing subscription; each box you purchase is a one-time purchase. Here are the options:
- Japan Box: $19
- China/Taiwan Box: on sale for $17
- Korea Box: on sale for $17
You can also purchase all three boxes for $49. Shipping is free but they only ship to the U.S. (including Alaska and Hawaii) right now.
The China/Taiwan Box is titled The Imperial Set. Each box features full-sized snacks plus a magnet with an inspirational quotation on it. The info card describes all of the snacks.
There were 10 snacks in this box, with a good mix of savory and sweet! Here's what's inside:
- Cha Cha Potato Cracker - The green package is wasabi flavored and the black are spicy. I haven't tried these yet but both flavors sound yummy!
- Crunchoco - This is a big chocolate cookie infused with milk chocolate and almonds. Most of the almonds fell off of the cookie and were at the bottom of the package, but I'm not a huge fan of almonds anyway so it didn't bother me.
- Chrysanthemum Tea - This is made from rare chrysanthemum flowers and each pack makes 2-3 cups of tea. I've never had chrysanthemum tea before so I'm very curious to see how this tastes.
- Crispy Peanut Candy - These are the little pink and white packages at the bottom of the photo. They're a Chinese New Year favorite and are sweet and crunchy. As soon as I took them out of the package I knew what they were because they smelled deliciously of peanut butter!
- White Rabbit Candy - When I saw these I loved them right away because of the cute rabbits on the packaging! They're milky candies that have been around for over a century. The inner rice wrapper is also edible.
- Matcha Choco Roll - I love choco rolls! It's a wafer roll cookie coated in cream with a matcha green tea core. I usually don't like matcha but this tasted so good!
- Pineapple Cake - This has a buttermilk crust with a sweet pineapple jam filling. They're a famous Taiwanese pastry.
- Bin Bin Rice Cracker - These are classic Chinese snacks with a subtle savory flavor. I love rice crackers for their simplicity.
A pair of chopsticks was also included in the box, which was a nice treat! They have little white flowers on them. The quotation on the inspirational magnet is from Confucius.
Clockwise from upper left are the Pineapple Cake, Crunchoco cookie, Crispy Peanut Candies, and Chocoroll unwrapped.
Bottom Line: This was another great box from Taste and Curiosity! I had a lot of fun trying the snacks and learning more about them. I especially liked the extra chopsticks. I think these boxes are a great way to try high quality snacks from different countries!