*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
Taste and Curiosity has launched their monthly subscription option, too! Previously boxes were only available as one-time purchases. You can still purchase just one box, or you can sign up for a monthly package. Here are the pricing options:
- Monthly: $18 per month
- Three Months: $51 every three months ($17 per box)
- Six Months: $96 every six months ($16 per box)
Shipping is free but they currently only ship within the U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii.
I loved opening up the Asia boxes, especially the Korean box, because I'm Korean. But I was just as excited to try the Germany box because my family has German roots, too! There were six brands represented in this box and 10 individual items. This is a great box for anyone with a sweet tooth because all of the snacks were chocolate-y. I also noticed that hazelnut and wafers tend to be a popular combo in German snacks.
- Manner Hazelnut Wafers - These are premium hazelnut wafers from Vienna and are evidently one of Arnold Schwarzenegger's favorite snacks! I love these kinds of cookies; the cream is a good contrast to the crispy wafer.
- Chocolate Ladybugs - I let out an emphatic "awww!" when I opened these up because they're so cute! They're from a brand named Storz who made these high-quality ladybug chocolates as their very first treat,
- Niederegger Marzipan - This is a high-quality marzipan paste made using the finest almonds in Europe. To be honest, I didn't really know what marzipan was before I got this, but it's made with 70% almonds and 30% sugar.
- Magnet - Each Taste and Curiosity box also comes with a magnet with an inspirational quotation on it. This month's is from Herman Hesse and says "The true profession of a man is to find his way to himself."
- Kinder Bueno - I love, love, love Kinder Bueno! The package had two milk chocolate-covered wafer bars with creamy hazelnut filling. They taste so amazing!
- Hanuta - This is a famous German snack made up of creamy hazelnut filling between two crispy wafers. I haven't tried this yet but it's a nice big bar and it sounds delicious.
- Ritter Sport Minis - I've heard of Ritter Sport chocolates before but hadn't tried them prior to receiving these minis. The flavors were milk chocolate with praline, chopped hazelnuts, and regular milk chocolate and all tasted smooth and were really yummy!
Bottom Line: The Taste and Curiosity Germany box was full of unique sweet treats! If you like hazelnut and chocolate then you'll be in heaven with this box.