Saturday, October 17, 2015

October Birchbox Review

October's Birchbox theme was "Positive Force" and is pink in support of breast cancer research. The info card has details on how you can help donate to the cause.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.



Overall this box wasn't super exciting for me, but it did have a good assortment of products. Birchbox has been pretty consistent about sending me stuff I like, though, so I don't think I'll unsubscribe any time soon.


I got five samples, and the mascara is the one I chose during sample selection. This is totally inconsequential, but when I opened the box I was totally underwhelmed by the colors of the samples. Doesn't it all just look so bland? That's not a reflection on the products themselves, but just a weird observation I had.


  • BioRepublic Cucumber Breeze Soothing Fiber Mask - I really don't like cloth masks so I'm going to post this for trade. It's supposed to tighten pores, reduce lines, and calm stressed skin.
  • benefit Roller Lash - I also got this in a previous box and I didn't like it at first because it didn't seem to be that effective, but the more I used it the more it grew on me. I chose to receive another during sample choice because I probably won't buy a full-sized tube of it.
  • Dinoplatz Too Cool For School Highlighter - I got this in the shade "Baby Pink Clam," which was the one I was hoping for, because it's exactly what it sounds like: a pinkish shimmer (as opposed to "Mother of Pearl," which is white and I think too light for my complexion). I've been dying to try a Dinoplatz product since they paired with Birchbox and I was excited to receive this. I love their packaging and that they're a Korean brand! The highlighter itself actually isn't anything special, but I'm glad I got to try it.
  • Macadamia Professional Style Extend Dry Shampoo - I'll always take a dry shampoo because I use them all the time. This one has really great reviews on the Birchbox site but I haven't tried it yet.
  • Number 4 Lumiere dhiver Fluoro5 Elixer Restore & Repair Oil - What a mouthful! This is a hair serum that softens cuticles and gives dull hair great shine. I like it, it made my hair feel really soft.
Bottom Line: This box had some good products that I will definitely get use out of (except the mask)! I'm satisfied with the selection, but hopefully next month's box will really make me excited.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think the box looks that bland! :D The combination of pink & green is kinda refreshing. At least on the photo you took with the products still in the box, haha. :D
    I'm not too familiar with Birchbox, since I don't think they ship to my country, but the product selection seems great! Love the random kbeauty product in there lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, the pink and green do look good together!

      I hope Birchbox expands to countries outside of the U.S. and Canada because they really are a great service!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.