Sunday, March 7, 2021

February 2021 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

The February Ipsy Glam Bag was appropriately-themed for Valentine's Day with a "Sealed With a Kiss" bag. You could have also received a rose colored striped bag, but I got the red one with great samples inside!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.

Ipsy is probably one of the most well-known beauty subscriptions. They have three levels of bags, and this is a review for the basic Glam Bag at $12 per month.

I like that the bags are great quality and I get really great samples from this subscription, but the bags tend to pile up and I don't really use them. I end up donating them, of course, but honestly I would prefer that they shipped in a recyclable box (but then, I know, the name "Glam Bag" wouldn't make as much sense!).

Here's what I got this month:

  • First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser: First Aid Beauty has solid skincare products. Nothing too fancy, but these always come in handy when I travel. Hoping to be able to travel again someday....
  • Pixi Beauty Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black: I only wear black eyeliners so this was a good pick for me. The formula is waterproof and really does stay put, and the silky texture makes it glide on really smoothly.
  • Ahava Dead Sea Osmoter Concentrate Supreme Hydration Cream: This supposedly shields skin from the effects of blue light, but it's hard to really tell how well it delivers on that promise. That being said, Ahava makes good skincare products so this will be another good one to use when I can travel again.
  • Naked Cosmetics Pressed Eyeshadow in Desert Sunset #02: Unfortunately my shadow arrived broken (see photo below), but Ipsy has great customer service. I submitted a replacement request and got a response within a day saying they would send out another. I received it and it was not broken! This shade is really pretty and works well on its own or as part of a more detailed look.
  • innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask with Super Volcanic Clusters: innisfree is one of my favorite K-beauty brands (and skincare brands in general) so I was really happy to get this sample. This mask is excellent for oily skin and is made with AHAs, finely ground walnut shell powder, and volcanic clusters from the island of Jeju (a gorgeous place -- I hope to travel there soon!).

  •  Visit Ipsy to subscribe

Bottom Line: Ipsy is one of the most affordable beauty subscriptions and they do a good job of sending products that will work well for your preferences and needs. So far I've gotten a great variety of new things to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.