The theme for June was "Wanderlust," which is spot-on for me right now because I'm itching to take a trip. I have my heart set on Yosemite National Park (I know, it seems strange since most people want to go somewhere tropical, but I love wilderness and wildlife). I actually loved every single item in this month's box, which has never happened to me before with Birchbox! I also really liked their redesign, both of the website and the boxes themselves. I really appreciated the new questions on the style profile, especially the one where I could say that perfume samples were not my favorite and to only send me no more than six per year.
My box contained four samples and one "beauty extra," so basically I received five beauty samples total. I was hoping to get one of the Laqa & Co. Lil' Lip Duo balms, but I didn't. I did get a Mirenesse lip product, though, which I felt was just as good.
They also included cute destination-themed post cards in the box, which I thought was a nice touch.
- Birchbox + Color Club Wanderlust Collection - I received the shade "Reign in Spain," which is a neon orange/coral that I adore. I'm really into bright nails for the summer, so I can't wait to try this on. All four shades were created exclusively for Birchbox.
- Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk - I've used a lot of dry shampoos and this one was definitely much better than all of them. The sample is a pretty good size, so I'll get a good amount of use out of this. I would consider purchasing a full-sized one in the future.
- Mireness Glossy Kiss Lipstick - I think this is full-sized. I received the shade "First Kiss," which is a coral/red combo. I like lip crayons and this one is great quality. I prefer to wear it more sheer with only one or two coats, but you can definitely layer it to be more bold.
- suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser - This is my favorite item for the month! It smells amazing (nice and lemon-y) and works really well. It supposedly can be used daily, but it's gritty and I will probably only use it twice a week at most. I would like to purchase a full-sized jar of this, but it's a little bit more expensive than what I usually spend on skincare. It might be worth it, though since they're a cruelty-free and free of synthetic ingredients.
- 100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream - I've used these before and I love them. The packets were small, maybe ketchup-packet sized, so I think that's why Birchbox considered them an "extra." The scents I got were coconut and vanilla, both of which smelled heavenly. I actually thought that the coconut smelled more like vanilla than the vanilla one did. I would highly recommend these creams--they're super-nourishing and the texture is so creamy.
Bottom Line: If all of my Birchboxes could be like this I would be one happy camper! I hope that with the new and improved user profile they'll send me things that are more appropriate for my interests and lifestyle. I also like that they're featuring more organic and natural brands. Sign up to receive your own Birchbox here.
*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. Links in post are referral links.