- Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Pallette - This was my "beauty extra" for the month, meaning that it didn't take the place of a true sample. I think this was the product I saw the most dissatisfaction with because it's just eyeshadow on paper, but I thought it was a cool extra. I don't buy Smashbox products because they aren't an entirely cruelty-free brand, but I did think the neutrals in this palette were really pretty.
- COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face - This came at the perfect time for me, because I'm actually on vacation in Orlando, Florida right now and I needed a good facial sunscreen! I've gotten COOLA products before from other subscription boxes and they're great quality. This mineral sunscreen is made from eco-friendly ingredients, which is always a plus for me. As far as tint goes, I found it to be pretty much not tinted as far as my skin went, but it applied really smoothly and felt really light on my face. I don't really need for my sunscreen to be tinted, so I wasn't disappointed that it didn't provide any coverage as far as skin imperfections went.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Oil - I've heard Birchbox staffers say on multiple occasions that Beauty Protector is one of their most popular brands, and after receiving two products from them so far I can see why! My favorite thing about the brand is the scent of their products--it's a warm vanilla base (I think) that just simply smells amazing! I applied this oil on damp hair before blow drying and I definitely noticed that my hair felt softer after using it.
- Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish in Kitten Heels - Some subscribers had received Ruby Wing polishes in their January boxes and I was bummed that I didn't get one in mine because I've been really interested in trying them, so I was so excited to get one in this month's box! I was really curious to see how well the color changing aspect worked, and to be honest I didn't notice much of a change in color at all (but that very well could be because I live in Western NY and we've had more snow than sun this winter, and it's supposed to change color in the sunlight). Even still, I was impressed by the formula of the polish and would definitely recommend it regardless of the color changing aspect.
- Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara - I already have a ton of both full- and sample-sized mascaras, so I passed this one off to a friend. I haven't asked her if she's used it yet, but I'm sure it works well because Smashbox usually gets good reviews.
Birchbox also ran two contests this month, one for a box full of Valentine's Day-themed loot, and one for a special "Party In a Box" that could only be acquired by winning one, and I actually won both! I guess February was a really lucky month for me, so be on the lookout for reviews of both of those boxes soon!
Bottom Line: This month's box was another great one for me. I haven't had one box yet since I resubscribed that I didn't enjoy. My favorite product this month was definitely the Beauty Protector Protect & Oil, with the Ruby Wing polish coming in at a close second.
*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. Post contains affiliate links.