*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.
August's theme is "Soak it up!" Normally I don't feel that the themes fit the products I receive, but this time around they sent some great summer samples.
My box had six samples, but one was a foil packet so I don't even really count that. I think it was one of the bonus items anyway. Overall I'm pretty happy with what I got; I won't use everything but there was a good variety of items represented.
- R+Co DEATH VALLEY Dry Shampoo ($7.37 for 1.6 oz) - A full-sized bottle of this is way too expensive ($29), but dry shampoos are my best friend so when this was available for sample choice I picked it right away. I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will work fine.
- COOLA Environmental Repair Plus Radical Recovery After-Sun Lotion ($2.67 for .5 fl oz) - I think this is for use after you get a sunburn. I don't ever get a sunburn so I don't need this, so I posted it for swap.
- theBalm Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush ($2.61 for .028 oz) - This is a nice matte bronzer, but I've actually been using it as an eyeshadow.
- IPKN Pore Apple Sun Cream ($2.72 for .24 fl oz) - This is infused with apple water extract and natural herbal ingredients and is basically a moisturizer. I'm fairly certain that apple water extract is nonsense and doesn't have any benefits for skin, but it's a nice moisturizer with a high SPF of 40.
- Kérastase Bain Force Architecte - Cleanse ($1.60 for .34 fl oz) - This is a reconstructing shampoo. I don't enjoy hair products in foil packets so I won't use this. I never use all of the product at one time and they're annoying to store.
- dr. brandt Pores No More Cleanser ($2.50 for .25 fl oz) - I've used the Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner and it works pretty well, so I would consider buying a full-sized version of this cleanser. There isn't really enough in the tube to get a good read on how well it works, though.
Bottom Line: My box had a approximate retail value of $19.47, which is kind of low, but overall I liked the selection of products this month!