*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
The Vegan Cuts Beauty Box is a great way to discover cruelty-free brands. They send four to seven deluxe samples and full-sized products ranging from skincare to unique cosmetics. I'm always up for discovering new cruelty-free brands!
There are three subscription length options, priced as follows:
- Monthly: $19.95/month, recurring
- Three Months: $59 one time charge
- Six Months: $115 one time charge
- Yearly: $215 one time charge (with one month free)
Shipping to U.S. addresses is free, to Canada is $8, and all other international addresses is $15.
August's box had five products, three of which were full-sized. I recognized most of the brands upon opening the box but there were a few that were new to me, too.
- One Love Organics Healthy Locks Dry Shampoo Powder ($12 for .6 oz, full-sized) - This has kaolin clay, hyaluronic acid, and silica-rich bamboo extract to soften and strengthen hair. I use dry shampoo a lot so I'm interested to see how this works with my hair. The kaolin clay is promising, since my scalp gets pretty oily.
- Harvey Prince Hello ($26 for 10 mL, full-sized) - I actually already have one of these travel sprays of this scent but I'm glad to have another because it smells wonderful! It's a bright, citrus-y scent that's perfect for summer.
- GlamNatural Hydrating Face Cream (value unknown) - A full-sized jar of this retails for $28 and the sample is 5 grams, but I don't know the weight of the full-sized jar so I can't calculate a value. Anyway, this is made with plant-based oils and feels nice and smooth.
- Kaeng Raeng Detoxfoliant All Natural Body Scrub in Lavender Vanilla ($2.80 for 1 oz) - This is currently on sale at the Kaeng Raeng site for $28, so I used that price when calculating the value. I love a good body scrub but I didn't care for the scent of this one. I also found that the sugar particles didn't hold up for very long before disintegrating, so I didn't think it was super effective at buffing away dead skin.
- Gleam by Melanie Mills Lip Radiance in Uncontrollable ($24 for .176 oz, full-sized) - This is made with natural botanicals and it looks highly pigmented in the tube. I'm unsure about the color though--it's a very vibrant fuschia/purple and I'm not sure that it'll look that great on my skin tone!
Bottom Line: The August Vegan Cuts Beauty Box has an approximate retail value of at least $64.80, not including the GlamNatural face cream. I think that's a great value for a box that costs $19.95! I was also impressed that they sent three full-sized items. Overall the variety was good and I will definitely use a majority of the products featured this month.