Saturday, December 19, 2015

December Birchbox Review

I've been subscribed to Birchbox for over three years (consecutively) now, and I have to say I don't think I'll ever unsubscribe. The $10 price can't be beat, and they've sent me some really great boxes this year!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.


I love the box design this month! It's clean and beautiful and perfect for winter. I wish there was some actual snow on the ground right now, but I'm not missing driving to work in it, either. But I digress...


I always peek at what samples I'm getting ahead of time because I have no patience. I was really happy with my sample selection and I couldn't wait to try the Catherine Malandrino perfume.

  • benefit They're Real! Tinted Primer - I have a tube of They're Real! mascara that I actually won in a Birchbox giveaway, so I was curious to see how well this worked with that. I don't really understand what makes this a primer as opposed to a brown mascara, but when I used both of them it made my lashes look nice and long.
  • Darphin INTRAL Redness Relief Soothing Serum - I do have issues with sensitive skin and redness so I was interested in trying this, but the same size is way to small for me to really get an idea of how well it works with my skin. I also didn't like the consistency--it was way too thin of a liquid.
  • Catherine Malandrino Romance de Provence - I love Catherine Malandrino's Style de Paris perfume, and I love this one even more now! It has notes of jasmine, orange flower, rose, violet, and lily against powder musk, amber, and patchouli. If I read that description alone I probably wouldn't try this, but it's actually the perfect mix of fruity, floral, and warmth.
  • Coastal Scents styleEYES Eyeshadow Palette - I picked the "Formal Eyes" colors during sample selection and I love the rose gold/mauve kind of shade. Coastal Scents makes really good eyeshadows for awesome prices; I might pick up the full-sized version of the palette (it's only $12!).
  • (MALIN+GOETZ) Clarifying Clay Mask - I'm always happy to receive a clay mask to use on my oily skin. I've used a few MALIN+GOETZ products before and they've always worked well for me.
Bottom Line: This box was well-curated to my needs and I was happy with all of my samples! I wish the Darphin serum was bigger, but aside from that I'll get good use out of everything this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.