Sunday, February 21, 2016

February Birchbox Review

February's Birchbox featured samples to help create "not-quite-everyday" looks. It wasn't my favorite box ever, but there were a few samples that I'll get good use out of.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.


I don't really see the theme reflected in the samples I got, because everything seems pretty everday to me. I've said it before, but I feel like Birchbox's themes are never really on point.
  • ARROW Boost Color Enhancing Lip Balm - This is what I picked for sample choice and it ended up being my favorite sample in the box. ARROW is Birchbox's new brand that's vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, and gluten-free (do lip balms normally contain gluten?), and I wanted to try this balm because I love lip balms. This one is fun because it reacts with the pH of your skin to bring out the natural color of your lips, and it really works! I'm glad I got it in the box because, even though I like it, I wouldn't pay $14 for it.
  • Not Soap, Radio Body Wash - I've never been a huge fan of Not Soap, Radio products and I'm not really sure why. They just seemed kind of cheap to me. Anyway, I got the scent "Liquid Freud," which is coconut milk and mango scented. I posted it for swap.
  • Obliphica Professional Seaberry Serum, Medium to Coarse - I love getting hair serums because I heat style every day and these are great at revitalizing and smoothing my hair. This one smells wonderful and left my hair feeling silky and soft.
  • Whish Revitalizing Cleansing Oil - Is it just me, or do Whish samples hardly ever contain enough product? I didn't use this, but I feel like there's hardly any product in the tube. I already have a cleansing oil from Badger Balm that I really like, so I probably won't use this.
  • Color Club That's My Jam - I love nail polish and Color Club, but I have so many red polishes! I posted this for swap.
Bottom Line: Overall, not my favorite box, but I do really like the ARROW balm and the Obliphica serum. They can't all be winners, and hopefully I'll be more excited about next month's box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.