*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
Harvey Prince Organics was founded by two brothers who wanted to create the perfect perfume as a Mother's Day gift to their mother. The result of this endeavor was their first perfume, Ageless. Ever since they've been creating boutique-quality scents that are free from toxic chemicals.
Their new The Story of Perfume Box comes with two private blend Harvey Prince perfumes available only from the box! The exclusive fragrances are made with the finest essential oils and high quality natural ingredients and come in a 7 mL rollerball. Each box also contains two samples from Harvey Prince's best-selling bath, hair, and body lines, which will range in size from 15 to 30 mL. And again, all of their products are vegan, gluten-, and cruelty-free!
The box launched in January 2016 (with this box that I am reviewing) and is available in one, three, six, and 12 month options. Each box costs $22 per month regardless of the length of your subscription (so, for example, a three month subscription costs $66 every three months). The boxes ship worldwide, and your shipping costs will depend on where you live. I think this is an amazing price, especially considering you're getting exclusive perfumes!
The first thing I noticed about this box is how beautiful the packaging is! The box itself is sturdy and embossed with the Harvey Prince logo on the top, and inside there was the prettiest tissue paper.
The big ticket items here are the mini rollerballs. I absolutely love both scents!
- D'Amore - This perfume is inspired by a woman exploring Venice, Italy and smells like the perfect balance of spicy and sweet to me. The top notes include Italian bergamot, Cypress oil, and sweet pink grapefruit. Next come lily, jasmine, cyclamen, and deep blond woods as well as vanilla, patchouli, vetiver, tonka bean, sandalwood, and clean musk. No wonder I love this so much; it has so many fragrance notes that I love! I wore this today and it smelled so amazing on my skin, and it lasted for at least six hours. This is definitely a new favorite!
- Baciami - This perfume is inspired by Rome, Italy and smells like a spicy floral to me. The name means "kiss me" in Italian, how cute! The notes include lemon, cassis, pineapple, calla lily, jasmine, brown sugar, sandalwood, vanilla, and musk. This didn't last as long on my skin as D'Amore, maybe two or three hours, but I think it smells wonderful and I still love it.
The two body care samples were in a scent I have tried before, Hello. I've actually tried both of these products before, too, thanks to other subscription boxes.
- Hello Liquid Loofah Exfoliating Shower Gel - The Liquid Loofah gel doesn't require a sponge and is meant to be applied directly to the skin. It leaves skin feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated. The Hello scent is a blend of Sicilian lemon, Spanish mandarin, and plumeria.
- Hello Body Cream - This contains shea butter, citrus botanicals, and sweet almond oil to keep skin feeling soft and hydrated.
The box also contained two spray vials that were 1.5 mL in size.
- Bailando - Another new perfume to love! This is another spicy/sweet combo (can you tell that that's my favorite?) with notes of Spanish mandarin, Moroccan rose, Japanese orange flower, Indian jasmine, Australian sandalwood, Madagascar vanilla, clean musk, and dry woods.
- Perfumista - This is the one scent that I didn't fall head over heels in love with, but don't take that as a reflection on its quality. It is just very floral, which is not my personal favorite. It has notes of South African freesia, Japanese orange flower, Moroccan rose, and hints of Indonesian clove bud and Australian sandalwood.
I can't believe this box only costs $22! Considering that a Harvey Prince 8.8 mL rollerball retails for $23, I'd say that's an amazing deal. I know that the mini rollerballs are smaller than that, but the box also contained four other samples.
Now, remember how I said that the mini rollerballs are exclusive to the box? If you missed out on this box you can still purchase one of the minis individually for $30 on the Harvey Prince website, OR, you can use the promo code that Harvey Prince has so generously provided for my readers to get one for free! You do have to pay shipping (which will vary depending on your location), but that won't cost anywhere near the $30 retail price!
- Use promo code SWEETHP to get either a Baciami or D'Amore mini roller ball free, just pay shipping! Limit one per transaction.
- Visit Harvey Prince Organics to browse their full line of products
- Connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram
Bottom Line: If you're a perfume lover you must give this box a try! I think it's very fairly priced and, in my experience, Harvey Prince Organics perfumes are high quality. They're also vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free, and made with natural ingredients! What's not to love?