Friday, November 8, 2013

October Petit Vour Review

I'm a little sad to report that this will be my last Petit Vour review for a while because I've cancelled my subscription.  The October box was nice, but I'll explain why I cancelled later on in the post.

If you're not familiar with Petit Vour, it's a monthly subscription that sends out vegan "beauty minis" from cruelty-free companies only.  I was initially drawn to the box because I only shop cruelty-free.  It costs $15 a month with shipping included, and is an easy and enjoyable way to be introduced to cruelty-free brands.


I had been a subscriber since May, when the box launched.  With the exception of one box, I thoroughly enjoyed all of the shipments I received.  The reason I cancelled was because although I enjoyed the samples, I found that I wasn't completely overjoyed by the size of the products.  Most boxes had a high retail value, but I'm strange in that I'd rather receive more lesser-priced samples than three or four high-value samples.  So in the end I realized that even though I really did like getting my Petit Vour boxes each month, I felt that I could live without them so I thought it best to save the money.


The first item I received was a Devious Lipstick by The Elixery ($18).  This is a completely new brand to me, and apparently the lipstick is hand poured and compounded from scratch.  As you can see from the photo above, it's a deep red that's great for fall and winter.  I haven't used it yet, but I can't wait to have an occasion to wear it!


My favorite sample in this box was the Skinny Legs Signature Massage Oil by Ally's AromaRemedies ($12), even though I did notice a typo on their packaging (one of my pet peeves).  At first I wasn't sure how often I would use it because of the "massage oil" name, but after reading more about the product I realized that it can be used as a daily moisturizer.  The blend encourages "body purification, circulation, shaping, and relaxation."  It has a warm, earthy scent, and I applied it on my arms and legs after showering.  It moisturizes incredibly well, as can be expected from a body oil.


The last two samples were the Aiyana Natural Eau de Parfum by Tallulah Jane ($1.59) and the Pure Balance Moisturizer by Root Science ($14.75).  I really loved Root Science facial moisturizer right away, but I wasn't so sure about the perfume.  I liked the moisturizer because my skin gets incredibly dry and flaky in colder weather, and a face oil like this really penetrates deeply and moisturizes so well.  This one is organic and promotes a beautiful complexion without any harsh synthetics.

When I smelled the perfume, I was initially turned off because it had very strong floral notes (not my favorite).  I figured it was worth trying, though; so I wore it to work one day and ended up loving it!  The top notes are heavily floral, but the middle notes are spicy and rich and I felt that it was a wonderful fall scent.

Bottom Line: As you can see, the October Petit Vour box had a nice assortment of high-quality samples, which is why I was sad to ultimately cancel my subscription.  It really wasn't a reflection of the box itself, because I love that they're highlighting cruelty-free brands.  The main reason why I cancelled was to save money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.