Monday, December 26, 2011

NYC New York Color Liquid Lip Shine Review

This is the last VoxBox review I'll post for a little while, but I saved one of the best for last!  I received a NYC New York Color Liquid Lip Shine in the shade "Nude York City" in my Influenster Holiday VoxBox and I absolutely adore it.  I'm a lip product junkie, so I'm always up for testing different glosses and balms.


I was familiar with the NYC New York Color brand before testing the product through Influenster, but I had never tried the Liquid Lipshine before.  The brand offers "products with uptown style at down-to-earth prices, from $.99 to $4.99."  I shop at drugstores for cosmetics a lot, so I have no problem with buying a lip gloss that costs less than $5; the listed price is $2.49 for one tube.  These glosses come in a broad range of shades (10 total, some of which are pictured above).  The Liquid Lipshine contains pure pigments that create a 3-D gloss effect on your lips.  Vitamin E provides shine and a moisturizing feel, and the formula is non-sticky, shiny, and soft.  They are available at stores like Wal-Mart, Target, Rite Aid, CVS, etc.


Each Holiday VoxBox contained the same shade: Nude York City.  I really liked testing this out because I had been thinking about purchasing a nude lip color, and this gave me the perfect opportunity!  The first thing I noticed about the gloss is that it smells really good; the scent reminded me of a vanilla cupcake.  The shade matches the color of my skin pretty closely, so it basically looks like a sheer gloss on my lips.  It really is the perfect "nude" shade for me.  I also appreciate that the gloss lives up to the "non-sticky" claim on its label.  It feels like it really moisturizes my lips and absorbs into them, as opposed to just sitting on top of them and feeling gooey.


Bottom Line: The NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine gets a thumbs up from me.  They are super affordable, easily accessible, and work well.  Anyone looking for a quality gloss that won't break the bank will really enjoy these.  I want to get a red shade next.

*Disclaimer: I received the NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine for free as a part of Influenster's VoxBox program in exchange for writing a review and promoting the product through social media.  I was not monetarily compensated for this review and the honest opinions are entirely my own.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow it would be awesome to have a non sticky lip gloss. I love lip gloss but they all seem to be sticky. Glad to see this one isn't. I've never tried a nude shade before. I need to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.