Friday, May 3, 2013

April Little Black Bag Review and Unboxing

I bought two Little Black Bags this month and here's the first of them.  I was so curious to see what the new system would be like, and like most users there were some things I liked and some I didn't.  I'm not going to boycott the site or anything (obviously), and the pros here heavily outweigh the cons for me.  I really like that the prices are more graduated now, so I can get a handbag for less than the original $49.95 price.


Since I actually got these items a while ago, I can't remember the exact names of the earrings.  Anyway, I'm really happy with these items overall.  The crossbody is adorable and just the type of bag I wanted for summer.  I think this bag ended up costing me around $54 after tax and shipping, which was a bit cheaper than the previous price, which would equal around $60 for me.  Here's the list of what I got:

  • Deux Lux Bowery B-Sides Mini Messenger
  • Lydell NYC Hexagon Drop Earrings
  • Spring Street Spice Market Earrings
  • BeFine Packette Box
  • Lemon Socks

The socks and packette box are bonus items, but they're pretty decent bonuses.  I especially like the packette box.  For a more in-depth review of my items, watch my unboxing video:


Overall, I do like the new LBB.  I know there was a lot of commotion when they first changed to their new shipping and billing practices, but after it settled and I really analyzed the situation I think the changes are for the better.  I still don't quite understand the point of the charging $9.99 a month to get $10 in credit, so I'm just going to skip each month and then just purchase a bag on its own when I feel like it.  I know they advertised it as "getting free money," but a free $.12 a year isn't going to do much for me.

Aside from that, I like that the price of the bundles reflect the price of your first item, so you can pick a bag like the crossbody I got (retail value of $71) and pay somewhere around $50 after shipping, or you can pick a $24 necklace for something like $18 (this is an approximation, since I haven't picked an item that low to start with yet).  The shipping increased by a dollar, but that doesn't bother me.  The exchange policy was a bit wonky at first, but they did a good job of listening to customers and they've since implemented a much better system.  The only thing I really don't care for is that they have shoes now.  I'm not a shoe girl, and I wouldn't order them even if I was because I wear a size 5.5 (meaning shoes rarely fit me, even if they're marked as that size) and having them not fit and needing to return them is more of a hassle than I want to deal with.

Check out more photos of my items behind the "read more."

Spring Street earrings

Lydell NYC earrings

BeFine samples

Deux Lux Bowery B-Sides Mini Messenger in Teal

I love that this has built-in card slots!



*Disclaimer: I purchased this bag and was not asked to review it.  I received no compensation and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.