Monday, May 13, 2013

Iwilla Remedy Review

I'm always on the hunt for new natural products to try, so when I was approached by Tami of Iwilla Remedy to host a review I was more than excited to!  Iwlla Remedy is run out of Brooklyn by Tami and Selima, and their mission is to share what they've learned about natural products and wellness with the world.


The I Love My Armpits natural deodorant by Iwilla Remedy is an awesome replacement for your non-natural deodorant or antiperspirant!  I've been using the unscented deodorant for two weeks now and I have to say, it works just as well as the other antiperspirants I've used in the past (including brands like Secret, which I used before I made the switch to cruelty-free).  I even used I Love My Armpits last Saturday when I ran a 5K, and it definitely stood up to the test!  The ingredient list is as follows: Fractionated coconut oil, beeswax, shea butter, castor oil, arrow root powder, brown rice flour, bentonite clay, sea clay, and neem seed oil.


I can't rave about this deodorant enough!  I think that anyone who is looking for an all-natural option will really enjoy this one.  I chose unscented, but if you want a scent with yours iWilla Remedy offers six scents: Baby Powder, Citrus Pearl, Floral Fields, Herbaceous Woods, and Spicy Lemon.  They all retail for $10, which may seem a bit steep, but consider that these are hand-made with truly natural ingredients that are much better for your body (and just as effective as the synthetic stuff!).


I was also able to try Iwilla Remedy's Wellness Body Oil in "Relax, Relate, Release."  I wanted to give this scent a try because I love aromatherapy products and anything to help me de-stress is more than welcomed. I like to dab a little bit on my pillowcase and under my nose before bed, and it really does help me drift off to sleep.  Even if aromatherapy doesn't have a strong affect on you, I think you can still enjoy this due to its moisturizing benefits.  The directions say to "rub a small amount onto pressure points, solar plexus, temples, and stiff muscles to relieve pain or tension," but you could use this wherever you wanted.  The ingredients are sweet almond oil, essential oils of bergamot, roman chamomile, ylang ylang, vetiver, cinnamon, lavender, mandarin, and patchouli.  I pick up on the patchouli the most, but overall the blend is wonderfully soothing.  The body oils retail for $7.50.




Bottom Line: I give Iwilla Remedy's I Love My Armpits and Wellness Body Oil two thumbs up!  I'm so impressed by how well the deodorant holds up, and I love the scent of the body oil.  Both products do exactly what they promise to do, and are truly all-natural and cruelty-free.

*Disclaimer: I received products free of charge to facilitate my review.  I was not monetarily compensated for this review and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.