Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May Daily Dose of Green Review

It's Daily Dose of Green time!  May's box was another fun one.  I wanted to film an unboxing video but I think I'm going to put that on hold for a little while because it's so much extra work.  It just takes too long to actually upload them to YouTube, and I prefer to write anyway.


May's box was somewhat themed toward Mother's Day, with "products to put yourself first," focusing on skincare.  I'm all for that because I love getting beauty products.  Usually Daily Dose of Green doesn't contain all beauty and skincare, so if you're looking for a more varied lifestyle box don't worry--you can see my past reviews for an idea of what the boxes have contained (what I'm trying to get at is that there's usually more of a variety).


Here's the array for this month.  I haven't used many of the items yet because I have a pretty big collection of skincare items to try already (that's not to say I don't welcome more!), but here are my thoughts regardless.


  • 7th Heaven Moroccan Clay Gentle Exfoliating Masque - I haven't used this yet but I am definitely looking forward to doing so.  7th Heaven has affordable masques that are great quality, and I love clay masques like this one because I have oily skin.
  • Health Warrior Chia Bar in Chocolate Peanut Butter - I really wanted to like this because I thought the flavor sounded yummy, but it wasn't for me.  It tasted strongly of chia seeds, which I know is right in the name, but I expected a little bit more of a chocolate and peanut butter flavor, too.
  • Be Natural Organics Aloe Leaf Lotion - I haven't used this lotion yet, either, but Be Natural Organics products have been in my DDOG boxes before and I've really liked them.  This lotion sounds extra soothing because of the aloe vera, and will be good for summertime.
  • Bee Organic Bee Soft Body Butter - There is no scent listed on these but they're made with cocoa butter, so I think they're going to be great.  I keep meaning to use it after a shower but I habitually reach for my other body butter that I usually use.  I'm going to make a special effort to remember this tomorrow.

  • Aletheia Skin Care Green Tea + Papaya MicroExfoliant - This is an "antioxidant infused scrub" with papaya to help minimize pores.  I exfoliate once a week, so I'm going to use this one on my next go around.
  • Aletheia Skin Care Tea Tree Face Wash - The tea tree oil in this works to reduce redness, inflammation, and balance oil production.  The sample will probably provide a two week supply, which should be enough for me to see if it has a positive impact on my skin.  Those with normal to dry skin received the Grapefruit Face Wash in their boxes (members fill out a profile to specify such information upon joining).
  • Bloomin Paper High Heel Shoe - This is a little seed-embedded card and it's so cute!  I love seed papers.  I have a few stored away that I haven't planted yet, but I'll get to them someday!
  • By Valenti Organics Dark Raw Chocolate Bar Soap - This was an extra profile product and I'm so glad I got it!  I love soaps and I love chocolate, and I especially love certified organic soaps like this one.  It's also vegan and cruelty-free and smells amazing!
  • Essence of Vali Sleep - I think this was also supposed to be a profile product but I didn't receive an extra card with information about it.  Either way, it was another fantastic pick for me because I love aromatherapy and my favorite type is anything for stress relief or sleep.  This contains essences of lavender flowers, cedarwood, marjoram leaves and ylang ylang.  I've been placing a few drops on my temples, under my nose, and onto my pillowcase at night and it really does help me drift off to sleep.



Bottom Line: This was one of my favorite Daily Dose of Green boxes yet because I love getting beauty products!  I really like this box because they do a great job of sending me products that are really geared toward my lifestyle, especially the profile products that they pick for me.

*Disclaimer: I purchased this box and was not asked to review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.