But aside from that, May's box was definitely better than April's and December's (the only other one I've purchased). I liked this box the best because it had products for the "must haves" that I like the best: beauty and food.
When I first opened the box and saw this I thought, "oh no, not another Green Garmento!" But it's a cute little reusable bag, which I actually will use quite a bit. It's the perfect size for when I only need to grab a few things from the store, as opposed to carrying in my giant canvas bags for two items.
Here's the list of everything that was in May's box:
- Kooringal Giselle Mid Brim Hat ($27.99) - I didn't think I would like this at all because I usually hate how I look in hats, but to my surprise I like it quite a bit! I think it looks really cute and is obviously great for the summer. The color I received is a gray, even though it looks blue in the photo above.
- The Modern Margarita ($12.99) - These mixers sound delicious. The flavors are Watermelon, Authentico, Blood Orange, Mango, and Strawberry. I can't wait to try them all (I haven't opened them yet), but mango and blood orange definitely sound the best!
- Questions I Ask When I Want to Talk About Myself ($14.95) - This is a deck of fifty cards with witty anecdotes and questions from Mindy Kaling. I don't really know a ton about her, but I've heard her style of comedy is similar to Tina Fey's and I love Tina Fey. I've read a few of these and I can't say I'll ever use them as conversation starters, but they're fun to read.
- The Original Beautyblender and Blendercleanser ($29.90) - These two are my favorite items this month; they came at the perfect time for me. I had just thrown out my old sponge and was about to buy a new one, so I'm glad that I didn't. I've used the Beautyblender before and it's a good sponge, but it's still just a makeup sponge so I would never purchase it at retail price. I've also used Blendercleanser before and I like it for my makeup brushes, too. The bottle is a really nice size.
- Pacifica Natural Color Quench Lip Tint ($7.00) - The shade I got was "Sugared Fig." This balm is just okay to me. It barely gives any color and it feels a bit strange on my lips--a slight waxy feel, which I'm not used to with natural products. I do like that Pacifica is a cruelty-free company.
- Charm & Chain Gift Card ($30) - The box contained a $30 gift card to Charm & Chain but their jewelry is pricey and not worth the expense to me. I can find similar pieces for much cheaper prices, and I don't generally spend a lot on my jewelry.
- Way Better Snacks ($1.19)- These chips were a "special extra," and I'm so glad they were included because they were delicious. My flavor was Sweeet Potato Tortilla Chips (yes, misspelled on purpose), which is what I think everyone received (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm going to look for this brand the next time I go grocery shopping, I like that they're certified by the Non-GMO Project.
Bottom Line: There was definitely a better distribution of value in this box as opposed to April's, which made my happy. The ARV of this box adds up to $124.02, and considering I got this box for free (thank you to the two people who signed up with my referral link!), I'd say that's a pretty good deal.
*Disclaimer: I received this box for free due to earned referral credits, but this is not a sponsored post.