*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! for review purposes.
Orange Glad is a snack subscription box that sends bakery sweets to your door. Prices are as follows:
- $21.95/month ($17 + $4.95 shipping) for a month-to-month subscription
- $20.95/month ($16 + $4.95 shipping) for a three-month subscription, $62.85 total
- $19.95/month ($15 + $4.95 shipping) for a six-month subscription, $119.70 total
This is a review of the standard box. I noticed that Orange Glad has changed their packaging since I last subscribed, including a separate box inside of a box to better protect the more delicate treats.
Here's what was packed inside of the smaller white box. I like that they're doing this now because no one wants to get broken cookies in their boxes!
- Toffee Talk Almond Toffee ($6 for 2 oz) - Toffee Talk is made in San Francisco, and this variety has "the perfect ratio of almonds to toffee and just the right amount of semi-sweet chocolate." I haven't tried this yet because I don't love almonds, but I do love toffee so I'll eventually give it a go.
- Fairytale Brownies in Original ($3.08 for one, $37 for a dozen) - $37 for a dozen brownies?! This had better be one amazing brownie. I haven't tried it yet but now I'm all the more intrigued to see how it tastes. It's made in Phoenix with dark Callebaut Belgian chocolate and "a dash of magic."
- Zesty Cookie Company Hot Cocoa Cookies ($2.10 for three cookies) - These are made with cayenne pepper and tasted like a delicious Mexican hot chocolate! I loved them. They were a little crunchier than I was expecting--they weren't hard, but they weren't entirely soft either--but I ended up loving the flavor so much that I didn't mind the texture (I was expecting them to be softer). These are made in Boxford, Massachusetts.
- A Couple of Squares Simply Good Chocolate Chip Biscuits ($1.22 for two cookies) - I ate these with my coffee this morning and they were so good! They were nice and light and buttery and were probably my favorite snack in the box so far. They're made in London, Ontario, Canada.
- QUIN Candy Dreams Come Chew ($2.75 for five pieces) - These candies are made in Portland, Oregon and come in four flavors: cherry, strawberry, tangerine, and lemon. I've tried a strawberry one so far and I love them! They're very chewy, so I wouldn't recommend these for people who don't like getting things stuck in their teeth. The flavor is amazing, though!
Bottom Line: April's Orange Glad box didn't disappoint! I'm always happy to get some good snacks to satisfy my sweet tooth and I liked the variety they included here. The total approximate retail value adds up to $15.15, so it's much less than the price of the box (or just about even, depending on what payment plan you choose). However, I still think it's a fun subscription because they send treats from companies that aren't easily accessible from where I live.
What do you think of Orange Glad?