*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! for review purposes. Post contains affiliate links.
Luxury Barber Box has three price points:
- $29.99 per month with a 10% site discount
- $27.99 per month for six months with a 15% site discount
- $25.99 per month for a full year with a 20% site discount
One thing that Luxury Barber does very well is packaging. My box arrived in an outer envelope and inside the box itself was entirely wrapped in bubble wrap.
The box is nice and sturdy and could easily be repurposed. I think Pete (my boyfriend) will probably just use it to keep his samples and other shaving products in.
Not only was the outside of the box well protected, but all of the samples inside were, too. Every single item save for the two you see above was wrapped in tissue paper. I could understand doing this for the items that were in glass bottles, but most of them were not and didn't require this much packaging. Tissue paper is recyclable, but I know not everyone is as responsible with that as they should be so I felt this was excessive and a bit wasteful.
Aside from my minor complaint about the packaging, I think this box is fantastic! Mine contained 12 total items and had a good variety of brands and product types. I deferred to Pete to test them out since he has a beard that he regularly shaves and I do not.
- Fresh Richie Mne's Wipes ($1.99 for two wipes) - These are cleansing wipes that can be used anywhere on the body to neutralize odor and soothe skin. I think they're great for on-the-go or post-workout refreshing when you can't get to the shower right away.
- Menaji Face & Body Scrub ($1.30 for ~.25 oz) - I'm totally guessing on the size of this little packet, but anyway, it's a scrub containing zulene, lime peel oil, and aloe vera to soothe skin, relieve redness, and even skin tone. Pete said he loved the scent and that it worked really well.
- Towel Dry Hydrating Shampoo ($.58 for .5 oz) - This is a shampoo, conditioner, and body wash that's made with pro-vitamin B5 to add volume, body, and shine to hair. It's also paraben- and gluten-free. It has a nice, fresh scent.
- Soapy Bathman Cedar and Sandalwood Shave Soap ($1.00 for .4 oz) - I actually took out my postage scale to weigh this because I had no idea what to estimate it at. It's glycerin-based and smells super good. It's very woodsy and manly (as one could guess by the name).
- E-Shave Preshave Oil in Cucumber ($22.00 for 2 oz, full-sized) - The instructions say this can be used pre- and post-shave, but Pete just used it as a pre-shave treatment. He liked it but said that since it had such low viscosity it leaked everywhere after he expelled a pump or two onto his hands. It contains vitamins and proteins to soothe skin and is gentle enough for everyday use.
- 7 O'Clock Gillette Razors ($1.69 for 10 blades) - These aren't for sale on the Luxury Barber site so I pulled the approximate value from Amazon. The info card that came with the box says that these are widely known for giving the closest shave that is long-lasting and irritation-free.
- Croma Diamant DE Blades ($5.50 for 5 blades) - These are stainless steel blades from Germany that are designed for DE safety razors and shavettes. They're known for being the same quality as Merkur blades but with an even better price.
- Captain's Choice Sandalwood Aftershave ($2.24 for ~.5 fl oz) - Pete had never used aftershave before, so when he put it on I heard an "owww, it stings!" from the bathroom! Oops. This calms and soothes post-shave skin (or maybe not) and provides all-day moisture.
- Dr. Rubin's Abraham Pomade ($.58 for ~.25 oz) - This is the one item that probably won't end up getting used because Pete doesn't use styling products in his hair. It gives a firm grip without weighing down hair, and its flexibility makes it a fan favorite.
- Towel Dry Thickening Shampoo ($.58 for .5 oz) - Pete liked this a lot and said it smelled great and left his hair feeling soft and smooth. It's a shampoo/conditioner/body wash combo like the Hydrating shampoo, and I'm usually wary of shampoo/conditioners because they don't always condition that well. It appears that this one does, though! It has aloe vera to soothe the scalp and jojoba seed oil to repair damage.
- Balla Spray ($20.00 for 4 fl oz, full-sized) - This smells fantastic and contains aloe, chamomile, and jojoba seed extract to soothe and moisturize skin. I like the scent because it's a good mix of musky and spicy with aqua notes, too (if that makes sense).
Bottom Line: I was very impressed with Luxury Barber Box and so was Pete! Our box had two full-sized items and an approximate total retail value of $57.46, which is well over the $29.99 price for U.S. residents. If you add in international shipping it's not much higher ($29.99 + $14.98 comes out to $44.97), but still a good deal I think. What I like best is that you'll always receive at least one full-sized item and a variety of other brands and products.
What do you think of Luxury Barber Box?