*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.
I normally don't go for the Birchbox Plus items but I really wanted this Dogeared Elephant necklace. It cost $24 to add on to my box. I don't even know if I'll wear it because the whole point is to make a wish then wait for the string to break, and I don't want it to break and not realize it and then lose the charm!
This month's box was curated by Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere. I (surprisingly) had not heard of her blog prior to receiving this box, but she's quite popular and has some great content!
This was definitely one of the better boxes I've gotten. The past few months were just okay, but May had a good assortment of samples that I'll definitely use.
- Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Treatment ($9.52 for 1 fl oz) - Wow, I didn't realize how expensive a full-sized bottle of this was ($40 for 4.2 fl oz)! I got the Moisture Oil Spray in a past Birchbox and really liked it so I was glad to see this oil in my box this month. It smells wonderful and my hair feels silky-smooth after using it!
- Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum ($9.52 for .17 fl oz) - This is another expensive full-sized item ($56 for 1 fl oz), but that's not surprising considering it's a serum and it's from Jurlique. I posted this for swap because I already have a serum I'm happy with, but I do like Jurlique's products.
- Harvey Prince Sea Salt Texturizing Mist ($.99 for .27 fl oz) - I picked this as my sample choice because I love the way sea salt sprays make my hair look and I'm a fan of Harvey Prince perfumes. This smells wonderful but I think it was too gentle to have any significant hold on my thick hair.
- Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Palette Sampler in Desert Bloom ($3.99 for four shades) - I just received the Revealed 2 palette in a swap and it is gorgeous; I didn't even realize there was a Revealed 3 out, too. I like the shades in this sampler a lot and will put them to good use.
- benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream ($7.41 for .3 oz) - I don't purchase benefit products anymore so I won't purchase a full-sized jar of this, but the sample was a decent size (see photo below). The cream is thick and smells like the Ralph Lauren Ralph perfume that everyone used to wear when I was in middle school.
|Another picture of the Dogeared necklace|
Bottom Line: My Birchbox had a total approximate retail value of $28.43 this month, which is on the higher end for this box and well worth the $10 pricetag. I also got the Dogeared necklace at a $6 discount. Overall I'm very happy with my May box!