*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
Simple Loose Leaf is a great way to introduce yourself to new varieties of tea from the convenience of your home. They have a few subscription options:
- Monthly: $15/month, renews each month
- Three Months: $14/month, $42 charged every three months. Save 7%!
- Six Months: $13/month, $78 charged every six months. Save 13%!
They currently ship to the U.S. and Canada. All boxes ship on the first of the month and take 2-3 days for delivery to U.S. addresses and 6-8 to Canadian addresses. It appears that shipping is free to U.S. and Canadian addresses, but I couldn't find a statement on their FAQ page that said so for sure. There is also a list of lots of other countries on their ordering page, so I'm assuming they ship to all of the countries listed.
Each month you'll receive four to six teas with 1/4 of an ounce of leaves inside, which they state is enough for a full pot of tea or several single serve cups.
The teas arrived packaged nicely inside of a medium-sized box with paper scraps for padding. All of the shipping materials are recyclable.
I received five teas to try and I couldn't wait to dig in! Each bag was labeled and had a detailed description of the tea, and there was also an informational card included in the box with the same information. Here's what was inside (with descriptions taken from the labels):
- Gunpowder Green: This is made with leaves that have been hand-rolled into tiny pellets. It's a classic style of green tea that comes from the Zhejian province of China.
- Thai Chai - This is a creamy and succulent chai blend. I tried this one first because I love chai and it did not disappoint! It was packed with flavor and had that spicy taste that I crave.
- Spearmint Herbal - This tea is smoother and more grounded than peppermint with a refreshingly clear and smooth aroma. I have never had spearmint tea but I do love peppermint, so I'm excited to give this a try.
- Sungma Summer Darjeeling - The Darjeeling tea is made from the Sungma Estate and has bright aromatics and clean floral white grape notes. It has a plush, tangy, and sweet finish. I haven't tried it yet but I love a good Darjeeling tea!
- Senna Leaf and Anise Herbal Pu'er - This is made with senna leaf for calming an upset stomach, with anise and licorice to help relax your senses. I normally drink ginger tea when I have an upset stomach so I was curious to see how well this worked. I was apprehensive because I don't love licorice or anise, but I found that those flavors were not overpowering at all. I quite liked the flavor of this and it did soothe my stomach very well.
They even included drawstring bags for steeping and organic sugar packets! I didn't need to use the bags because I have my manatee infuser, but they included instructions on how to use them if you chose to do so.
|Senna Leaf and Anise Herbal Pu'er|
I didn't get a chance to try all of the teas before writing this review, but based on the two that I did try (the chai and senna leaf) I think this box is fantastic! I'm certain that I will love all of the other teas as much as I loved the two I brewed up.
Bottom Line: Simple Loose Leaf sent an excellent selection of teas this month that I was thoroughly impressed by! I got to have an old favorite as well as the opportunity to try a few that I have never had before. I think this is a great deal for only $15!
What do you think of Simple Loose Leaf?