*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
Beauty Box 5 costs $12 a month and sends five deluxe-sized samples (and full-sized products, too!) to your door, shipping included to U.S. addresses. Shipping to Canada is an extra $3. Boxes contain everything from hair care, color cosmetics, accessories, and more!
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara ($5.50 for .1 oz) - To be honest I was surprised to see Urban Decay in the box because BB5 usually doesn't send items from brands like them. This mascara has a creamy formula that packs in pigment and volume. I tried it and wasn't impressed, I thought that the brush was too thick and the formula too sticky.
- LOL Rotational Eye Shadow ($3.00, full-sized) - I got the "So Rosemantic" palette and man, these shadows are pink! I think that this is more appropriate for tweens, especially given the name of the brand, so I probably won't use it. The colors are a lot of fun for younger girls, though.
- Simple Skincare Micellar Cleansing Water - I'm not going to bother calculating the value on this because it was so minuscule. I'm actually disappointed with this "sample," if you can even call it that. All it contained was a tiny little pad inside that barely had any product on it, so I couldn't even really test it. I don't think micellar waters are really for me anyway, though, because my skin is too oily/problematic.
- Nails Inc. Nail Polish ($9.50 for .33 oz, full-sized) - I got the shade "Bruton Street," which is a pretty pink/mauve creme. I also really like the name because it reminds me of one of my favorite shows, Psych (Gus's "Bruton Gaster" nickname).
- Herbal Essences Body Wash ($.27 for 1.2 fl oz) - I got the "Honey, I Smell Good" scent and it is very sweet. It contains honey and apricot extracts.
There was also a note at the bottom of the info card that said "Beauty Bonus: treat your tresses to shiny, strong results with $20 to shop from Gorge Hair!," but I did not have an insert or anything from Gorge Hair in my box.
Bottom Line: I wasn't as impressed with this Beauty Box 5 as I have with past boxes. I liked the full-sized Nails Inc. polish and I know a lot of people will enjoy the Urban Decay mascara, but overall I felt that this box was a little underwhelming.