*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.
This month's theme was Adventure. I've said it before, but I don't ever really think the products they send match up too much with the theme, but I like all of the different box designs they've been sending this year.
My box was fairly decent. I didn't absolutely love any of the samples, but I wasn't totally averse any of them, either. I think I was underwhelmed because I have gotten very similar samples before and have no need for anything that was in the box. I guess that's bound to happen when you've been subscribed for three years, though.
- Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel ($4.80 for .17 fl oz) - I actually like this product quite a bit, I just have three sample tubes already that I bought directly from Real Chemistry. It's fun to use and effectively removes dead skin, so I'm definitely keeping this for future use.
- Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45+ Shade 2 ($4.42 for .17 fl oz) - I know Dr. Jart+ products have a cult following, but they've always been way too light for my skin. Now that it's summer my skin is even more tan than usual, so I didn't even bother trying this and just posted it for swap.
- TOCCA Isabel Eau de Parfum ($1.20 for ~.03 fl oz) - I'm totally guessing on the size of this so the value probably isn't calculated correctly, but whatever. I usually like TOCCA's perfumes and this one is no exception. It's a good mix of sweet and spicy, with notes of bergamot, sangria, Mediterranean orange, vanilla, and Spanish rose.
- Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream ($.92 for .5 fl oz) - I like Harvey Prince perfumes and Hello is a good one, it's bright and citrusy. I ended up posting this for swap, though, because I have a ton of lotion samples that I'm already not using and I didn't want to add one more to the pile.
- Emi Jay Solid Hair Tie ($2.20 for one tie) - These are pretty unexciting and always overpriced, regardless of the brand (considering you could make them yourself), but it's practical and I'll use it. I just probably won't use it anywhere other than at home because it's bright green and I prefer wearing black hair ties to match my hair color.
- Marcelle Mini Waterproof Eyeliner ($4.50 for one eyeliner) - I feel like the only eyeliner color I ever get from subscription boxes is bright blue. I will never use this.
Bottom Line: This was not the best Birchbox I've ever gotten, but it wasn't the worst. All of the samples were just so-so to me because I either wouldn't use them in the first place, or already have similar (or the same) products I'm currently using.