*Disclaimer: This box was sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
Wet shaving is a technique that requires a double or straight razor (not a disposable one), a shaving brush, soap, and some sort of aftershave product. I think it's definitely becoming popular again, what with all the hipsters and their beards, but it isn't just for men! Wet Shave Club makes it easy for women to have access to all the tools you need for a wet shave as well.
There are four different payment plans:
- Monthly: $29 per month
- Three Months: $26 per month, total of $78 (save over 17%)
- Six Months: $24 per month, total of $144 (save over 24%)
- Yearly: $22 per month, total of $264 (save over 34%)
All subscriptions have free shipping to U.S. addresses. Shipping is an extra $5.99 per box to Canada and $13.99 per box anywhere else.
Your first box will include everything you need to start wet shaving, including a premium pink razor. Each box contains luxury soaps, a wet shave brush, razors, and a post-shave product as well. Future boxes will include shaving accessories like soaps and post-shave items; you can view what's been inside past men's boxes here.
- Razor: This is a really nice, sturdy razor with removable blades. It has definite heft to it, but it's not so substantial that it makes it hard to use,
- Satin Tip The Purest Synthetic Brush: This brush is SO soft! The bristles are seriously amazing and it lathers up very nicely when used with the included soaps.
- Stirling Soap Co. Soaps in Black Cherry and Strawberry Bubbly - These both smell really nice, but I'm partial to the strawberry one. As I said, they lather up very well with the brush and allow for an easy (and great smelling!) shave.
- Whoo's Soap Strawberry Cream Body Frosting - This is a nice, thick body cream that absorbs quickly into the skin. It's perfect for use after your shave.
- Treet Double Edge Blades: These are pretty self-explanatory, they're replacement blades for your razor.
Wet Shave Club also included an info card with "10 Steps For An Awesome Wet Shave." I had never used this method before so I greatly appreciated the instructions. They recommend using a new blade every three days or so, but I only have to shave my legs about once a week and my hair is not very coarse, so I think I'll see about leaving it in for longer. I was nervous to try this because the razor is a little bit intimidating, but it was so easy once I stopped stressing about it. I was afraid of cutting myself, but you don't actually apply any pressure when you use the razor--just let it glide over your skin. The instructions also said to shave with the grain of your hair.
Bottom Line: I think Wet Shave Club is a great way to treat yourself to a fancy shave! I don't know that I would need a monthly shipment of new soaps, but if you're interested in wet shaving (it did leave my legs feeling incredibly smooth) it's a fun way to give it a try.