Sunday, May 15, 2016

May Birchbox Review

I changed up my Birchbox profile a little bit this month and I was glad I did, because I immediately got some samples that were perfect for me!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Overall, this was a pretty good box. It still didn't 100% blow me away, but I liked pretty much everything. The theme was centered around outdoor activities, so everyone got an SPF product, which is the only product I didn't really care for (but more on that later).


The boxes were really cute this month. I know I've said it before, but I'm so glad they do these fun designs now instead of the old brown boxes they used to have every month.


  • Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel for Body - I chose this as my sample choice because I've used the Real Chemistry face peel before and I really like it. It's specially formulated to work on troubled skin, and I've had an outbreak of eczema on both of my arms that I can't get rid of. The sample package itself is pretty large but it wasn't really full, but there's enough in there for me to use this three or four times on my arms. I've used it once so far and it did work really well to remove the rough patches of skin!
  • K-los Skincare Triple Threat Detox Masque - This is made with glycolic and hyaluronic acids and it cleanses, nourishes, and exfoliates. It also has cayenne pepper, which is something I've never seen in a mask before. I love using masks and detox ones are great for my needs.
  • Cargo Blush and Bronzer Duo - This is a Birchbox exclusive and has the blush "Catalina" (a matte pink) and bronzer in "Medium" inside. I haven't opened this yet because originally I thought I was going to swap it, but now I think I might keep it since it's convenient for travel.
  • Davroe Colour Repair Shampoo and Conditioner - I was so happy to get these two samples! I got professional highlights a month or two ago and only use color-safe shampoos now because I want to protect the color for as long as I can. I wish the conditioner wasn't in a foil packet, but technically it's a bonus sample, so I guess I can't complain too much. I'm going to save these for my NYC trip next month.
  • Supergoop! Sun Defying Sunscreen Oil with Meadowfoam SPF 50 - I'm not so sure about this. I've never liked any of the Supergoop! products I've gotten from Birchbox because they've always been too heavy on my skin. I like using facial oils, and this odes have a high SPF, but I think I'd rather stick to using moisturizers from other brands that have SPF in them.
Bottom Line: I was happy with my samples this month, especially the Davroe shampoo and conditioner. The Real Chemistry has given me positive results so far, and I'm excited to try the K-los mask, too. This was a pretty decent box for May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.