Friday, May 13, 2016

May Disney Tsum Tsum Review

I love Tsum Tsums! When I heard that Disney was launching a Tsum Tsum subscription I was immediately excited, but I actually didn't subscribe right away because, well, budget. Lame. But I finally caved and decided to try it, at least for a few months, and I figured I could go without some coffee and Chipotle here and there to make up the difference.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Not familiar with Tsum Tsum? They're stuffed toys from Japan that literally mean "stack stack." At least, that's what the Disney store associate at the Times Square store told me! Anyway, they're super cute and they really do stack on top of each other.

This box costs $24.95 per month, including shipping. I had to pay tax because I live in New York. For those of you who may be thinking, wow, she doesn't have an extra $25 in her budget? It's not that I don't, it's just that I try to limit non-essential purchases. But after a few months I still really wanted to try this subscription so I gave in!


Each box comes with a surprise Small plush and Mini plush. The small size is not that small at all, in my opinion, and is special just for this subscription. The Small is 7.5" in length and the Mini is  3.5" long. I actually prefer this small size over the Medium you can find in stores, which is 11" long.


As you can see, this month featured Alice and her cat, Dinah! I was really hoping for a Zootopia Tsum Tsum, but I don't even know if those exist. Plus, I know the movie came out a while ago so it wouldn't really be timely. Regardless, I just wanted at least one cute animal and I got that with the Dinah Mini.


I'm not a huge fan of the human character Tsum Tsums because they aren't as cute to me. I mean, the face is obviously "cute" in that it has big eyes and kawaii features, but overall I just prefer animal stuffed animals.




Here's Dinah up-close. She actually doesn't quite look like a cat to me, but is still super adorable! I keep one of these Minis at my desk at work to clean off my smart phone. The soft bottom (the stomach area, I guess) is perfect for wiping my screen clean. Right now I have Dumbo at work, but maybe I'll replace him with Dinah.

Subscriptions are currently sold out, but I'll post an update when they go back on sale (usually once a month).

Bottom Line: I'm glad I got to try the Disney Tsum Tsum subscription this month! I'm really excited to see what they send next month. I was planning on only trying one month then cancelling, but I just can't. I'm hooked now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.