Thursday, May 19, 2016

May Play! by Sephora Review

I finally got off of the wait list for Play! by Sephora last month and this is my first box! I was waiting for months to be able to subscribe, and it was so worth it. This box is fantastic!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Play! by Sephora costs $10 a month ($10.80 with tax if you live in NYS like me) and shipping is free. Subscriptions are closed, but you can sign up for the wait list here. I think Sephora said you'll get an email when it's your turn to sign up, but I actually saw on MySubscriptionAddiction.com that they were opening subs to some people on the wait list so I tried and got in. I then got an email three days later. So I guess you can wait for an email or just keep plugging your email into the site once in a while to see if you can sign up!



I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this box. There are two very similar boxes at the same price point (okay let's just say it, Birchbox and Ipsy), and one of them (Birchbox) I really love and the other I've never cared for (Ipsy). Luckily, this first month of Play! has been fantastic!

Not only do you get samples of products that are all available at Sephora, but you'll get a Play! pass that's good for an in-store tutorial on how to use the products and 50 extra Beauty Insider points with a purchase.

I also really liked the canvas bag that everything came in. I'm sure that they'll get old and I'll end up recycling future ones, but for now they're good for storing the myriad of other samples I have lying around.


This month's theme was "The Forces of Nature," which was a great one for me to start with because I love natural and organic products. I'm not really sure that any of these are what I would consider natural and organic, but there was still some good stuff inside.
  • Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche in Kimchi - This is high pigmented lipstick that delivers hydration using 12 edible oils. I haven't used it yet because the shade is bright pink (see photo at the end of this post) and I'm not sure it'll look good on me, but maybe I'll use the Play! pass and a Sephora associate can give me some tips on what other colors to wear it with! I also like that it's named Kimchi because I'm Korean and I love kimchi.
  • Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask - This is the second sample of this that I've gotten and I'm not sure if I'll use it. It sounds wonderful, it's made with naturally-derived ingredients, but I have a lot of deep conditioning masks to use up already. This may be swapped.
  • Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial - I love Korres products. This is an overnight mask that brights and moisturizers with wild rose oil. I've never used an overnight mask before but I'm excited to try this one.
  • Origins Maskimizer + Drink Up & Clear Improvement Masks - This is such an interesting product! The Maskimizer is a mist to use pre-mask to optimize the skin's condition. They also included a charcoal mask (Clear Improvement) and an overnight moisture mask (Drink Up).
  • Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine - Atelier Cologne makes my all-time favorite perfume, Vanille Insensee, and this one is also very nice. It's a great citrus scent for summer.
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche in Kimchi

Korres Wild Rose Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial

Origins Maskimizer (in atomizer) and masks

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche in Kimchi
Bottom Line: Love, love, love(!!!) this box! It may be that my excitement is heightened by the fact that I waited so long to be able to subscribe, but overall I think there was a good mix of products here. I'm a Sephora VIB so I'm always looking for new products to try and buy from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.