Saturday, July 20, 2013

July Birchbox Review

After some time away from Birchbox, I re-subscribed last month and loved my box.  July's box is not as phenomenal as last month's, but I'm still really happy with it and I'm still excited about the prospect of future boxes.


July's theme was "Power Play" and featured products inspired by the show Suits.  I've never actually watched an episode, but I'm familiar with it because I watch a lot of other USA Network shows and I've seen the promos, etc.  I didn't really get a Suits vibe from this box, but that was inconsequential because I was really happy with the samples I got.


This month's box contained the first repeat product I've ever received from Birchbox -- last month I got one of the Color Club exclusive nail polishes, and another one arrived for July.  I am totally not complaining, though, because I love nail polish!  I especially love Color Club because they have a great formula and they're cruelty-free.  I'm also glad I got a different shade than last time, if it was a repeat shade I don't know if I would have been so happy.



  • Birchbox + Color Club Wanderlust Collection - I think this mint shade, "London Calling," is really cute.  It's a bit more neon on the nails than in the bottle, but it's fun for summer.
  • Birchbox Bobby Pins - I'm glad I got the green pins and not the white ones.  I'm still not sure I'll use these, but they're much sturdier and have a stronger grip than I was expecting.


  • Caudalie Divine Legs - This is a tinted lotion that "imparts firmness, moisture, and a beachy glow."  I probably won't use this because my skin is already pretty tan, plus I'm hesitant to use a tinted lotion only on my legs.  I'm assuming the color isn't very strong, but there definitely isn't enough in this packet to spread onto my arms as well in the case that my legs looked darker than the rest of my body.
  • Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream - At first I thought this was like a BB Cream, because I've used Dr. Jart+ BB Cream before.  It's actually more of a moisturizer and I liked it.  It's very smooth and a little goes a long way.  I would have considered purchasing a full-sized bottle of this, but it costs $48.  Oh, and this was my Suits pick.
  • ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick - I'm not a lipstick wearer but I like this one!  It actually smells really good (fruity and vanilla-y) and is not drying like other lipsticks I've tried.  My shade is called "Peony" and it's a creamy, darker pink/red (photos below, click to enlarge).

 

Bottom Line: Good job again, Birchbox.  As far as I'm concerned, you can send me a nail polish in every box!  I'd love to see some Zoya, please (*hint hint*).

1 comment:

  1. I received the exact same box! And I pretty much feel the exact same way about the items, hahaha. :) I'm excited for the Dr. Jart product.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.