*Disclaimer: These products were sent to See, Shop, Love! in exchange for an honest review.
The 2chic line, like all Giovanni products, is paraben-free, 100% certified vegetarian, and Leaping Bunny certified cruelty free. The products are also sulfate-free so they're safe for color treated hair. The best part is that they're an affordable line that's available at Walgreens!
I received the Avocado and Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Shampoo and Conditioner and Blackberry and Coconut Milk Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner to try. There is also a Brazilian Keratin and Argan Oil Ultra-Sleek option in the 2chic line. I wanted to try the Ultra-Moist and Repairing options the most because my dry, heat-styled hair really needs some help.
The Ultra-Moist Shampoo and Conditioner are made for dry, damaged hair and work to restores moisture and nourish hair with vitamins and omega fatty acids. It has a very faint fragrance and the shampoo lathers really well for being sulfate-free. After rinsing both the shampoo and conditioner out my hair already felt softer and smooth in the shower. This definitely hydrated my hair really well; it felt so soft to the touch after using it. My only slight complaint is that it did weigh my hair down a little bit, but I do have very thick hair and I'll take that in exchange for extra hydration. It was also nothing that a little volumizing root lifting spray couldn't fix.
The Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner smell deliciously of coconut and hydrate and seal your hair cuticles. They eliminate frizz and protect each strand from damage. Blackberry is one of the highest-ranked fruits for antioxidant strength, and coconut milk is filled with vitamin B6 to reinforce hair fibers. I've only been using this for about a week so I can't say too much about how it's healed my hair in the long term, but I can say that my hair is much softer after using this and styling.
I also received some great styling products from the Ultra-Moist line! Each are focused on hydrating your hair but all of them serve a slightly different function.
- Touch-Up Hair Towelettes - These are such a great idea! They're little portable towelettes you can use to fix your hair throughout the day. They work to re-bond ends to prevent splits and breakage, minimizing frizz. I used one of these after the gym and it was so easy and convenient to smooth it over my hair for a finished look.
- Super Potion Anti-Frizz and Binding Serum Oil - This is a potent serum that protects hair from heat styling and humidity. I used one pump (about a pea-sized amount) on damp hair before blow drying and straightening and my hair felt soft and smooth after.
- Deep Moisture Hair Mask - I do a deep conditioning mask once a week and this is a great addition to my collection. It revitalized overly-processed hair and helps prevent split ends and breakage. I left this in for about 10 minutes and then rinsed out and my hair was so smooth the next day.
- Leave-In Conditioning and Styling Elixir - I found this similar to the Binding Serum Oil. I used both at the same time on damp hair and they definitely contributed to my hair being much softer and smoother after styling.
- Dual Action Protective Leave-In Spray - This helps improve hair's elasticity and restore shine and bounce while heat styling. I spritzed this all over before blow drying and straightening and, combined with the Styling Elixir and Binding Serum Oil, my hair was so nourished!
Last but not least, 2chic also offers an Ultra-Moist Body Wash and Body Lotion for normal to dry skin. My skin, much like my hair, is so dry in the winter and I've had a lot of problems with rough, dry patches. The Body Wash lathered up nicely in my bath pouf and my skin felt soft and moisturized after, not dried out the way some soaps leave you feeling. I also loved the Body Lotion. It's silky-smooth and spread across my skin easily and absorbed quickly. I loved the lightweight texture.
Bottom Line: I had a great experience with all of the Giovanni 2chic products I tried and I'm so glad to have found this brand! I can say that everything was effective and I would highly recommend this line to anyone who wants to take care of their hair on a budget. The Shampoo and Conditioner are $7.99 each and the styling products are all less than $10, all available at Walgreens. But don't let the price fool you--these products are great quality!