The box is simple yet appealing. I like that the design is no-frills because it reflects BareBox's products: natural, effective skincare. Here's a quick breakdown of how it all works:
- The box costs $16 a month plus shipping ($4.99 to US, $8 to Canada).
- Use code Bare25 for 25% off of your first box.
- You are billed on the 1st of every month.
- You can cancel at any time by emailing them at Hello@BareBox.com
- Each box contains the same items, which BareBox is explains is because: We believe in consistency and making it easy to add BareBox into your daily routine. For this reason, every month you get the four same amazing organic products!
The items were neatly packaged and wrapped in confetti tissue paper. I thought everything looked so pretty and I especially loved the tissue paper! I did notice one small typo on the lid of the box (where they give details about each product), and being a former English major it did irk me a little bit. I won't stay too long on my soapbox, but when you're sending out a product I think it's important to make sure grammatical errors don't happen, because it can reflect poorly on the service (see photo below).
As stated previously, each box will contain the same four items (the typo is the "Organic Skin Clearng Tea"), all of which are described above. You can access the full ingredients list at GetBareBox.com/ingredients. I actually pulled the page up as I was typing this review and, yikes, I found more glaring typos. But more importantly, I like that they are transparent about what goes into their line. There is not one ingredient on that list that I don't like or see as any cause for concern!
So what exactly is inside? There's an Organic Coffee Scrub, Organic Moisturizer, Organic Facial Cleanser, and Organic Skin Clearing Tea. I actually think that each product would last me for much longer than a month, so I think it would be nice if there was an option to pause your subscription so you could order a new box when you needed one. I could see myself getting overloaded with products each month since I wouldn't be able to use them up fast enough.
- Organic Moisturizer - The moisturizer is the opaque white cream on the left. My favorite thing about this is how it smells, it is so nice! It's sweet and slightly floral. The cream itself is light and absorbs into the skin quickly, and it's very smooth.
- Organic Facial Cleanser - I like this cleanser a lot and found that it lathered well. I used it just using my hands and again with my Clarisonic Mia, and I prefer using the face brush because the liquid is a bit runny, so scooping it out and putting it in my hands got a little messy. I suppose if you had a small scoop or spoon it would be more effective than trying to scoop it out with your fingers (probably more sanitary, too).
- Organic Skin Clearing Tea - The tea was inside of a blue and white striped bag and there were 12 sachets total, enough to drink it three times a week. According to the ingredients page it's a rooibos tea, and I'm assuming that all of the ingredients listed after that are in the tea: organic cinnamon, organic ginger, organic cardamom, organic cloves and organic stevia. As far as teas go it doesn't have a ton of flavor, but it smells wonderful and is nice and relaxing to drink.
- Organic Coffee Scrub - Last, but not least, we have the coffee scrub! This is definitely my favorite item in the box, mostly because I always love a good scrub. I like it even better because it's made from coffee and it smells wonderful. It's a bit on the harsher side because the coffee grains are a harder exfoliant, but it's perfect for once-a-week use.
Bottom Line: I'm very impressed by BareBox! It might be a turnoff for some people that the items are the same every month, but if you're looking for a great line of products that is really affordable, I highly recommend giving this box a try.
*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post.