The first thing I noticed was that the box design is different (see the original design here). I like that it's clean and simple, but I did enjoy the different postcards they used to send with the old box.
The contents of the box were wrapped in tissue paper adorned with the Conscious Box logo, with a card on top with a quick rundown of what the box is all about. Towards the tail-end of my subscription a few years ago, I recall that they stopped sending full informational cards that listed all of the products, and instead emailed the information to their subscribers. I'm assuming they're still doing that, since there was no product card in the box.
Conscious Box has a few different options, and this is a review of the Classic Plus Box. The three box options are Classic, Gluten-Free, and Vegan, and the size options are Plus and Taster. Each option boasts hand-selected food, bath, beauty, and home products, but obviously the gluten-free and vegan options have products appropriate to those labels.
- The Plus option costs $19.95 a month and contains 8-12 products
- The Taster costs $9.95 a month and contains 5-8 products
- Shipping is free for both boxes. Currently Conscious Box only ships to the U.S. (including HI and AK), overseas APO addresses, and US territories.
- Me & The Girls Lip Moisturizer Lipstick Base and Topper ($7, full-sized) - I love lip balms, especially organic ones. This one has a vegan formula that softens and protects dry, cracked lips and stays on longer than beeswax formulas.
- Primal Pit Paste in Lavender (~$1.12 for .25 oz) - I reviewed two of Primal Pit Paste's products back in August so I'm quite familiar with this. A lot of people are wary of natural deodorants (I often hear people saying that they don't "work"), but I think this one is perfect. It has minimal ingredients and smells really nice.
- The Argan Tree Serum for Hair and Skin (~$1.62 for .18 fl oz) - I'm guessing on the volume of this since it isn't listed on the container, but the full-sized 2 fl oz bottle retails for $18. Argan oil is definitely the oil du jour, and for good reason. This contains 100% cold-pressed organic argan oil and can be used to treat everything from treating acne to moisturizing hair. Even better, $6 of every full-sized serum purchase is returned to the company's 60 woman cooperative in Morocco.
- Xlear Saline Nasal Spray with Xylitol (~$2.33 for .25 fl oz) - Again, I'm guessing on the volume of this because it also is not labeled with the size. Xlear is pronounced like "clear" and this is patented, non-addictive nasal spray that will help clear the sinuses and relieve irritation. I think it's interesting that it contains xylitol, which is an artificial sweetener often found in gum and breath mints.
- Life Soap Company Relax Lavender Bar Soap (~$3.75 for 2 oz) - I absolutely love bar soaps, especially ones that smell as lovely as this one! Lavender is so calming, and natural soaps are not nearly as drying on your skin as your average store-bought ones. This one is USDA organic and paraben-free.
- Organic Coffee Co. Java Love ($1.99 for 2 oz) - I love coffee! All of The Organic Coffee Co.'s coffees are 100% certified USDA organic, meaning they are grown without harmful pesticides, herbicides, or chemical fertilizers. The Java Love flavor is made with Indonesian and Latin American blends
- Amore di Mona Coffee Caramela (~$.35 for .25 oz, price approximated from here) - I really wanted to love this piece of chocolate because I love coffee and caramel, but it wasn't for me. It has coffee grounds in it and I found their texture to be off-putting within the chocolate. The flavor was still pretty good, though, but if you don't like a strong coffee flavor it might not be for you.
- MRM Vegan Bone Maximizer (~$.67 for 2 capsules) - This sample contains two capsules of a vegan dietary supplement that assists in increasing bone strength, density, and health. As an Asian woman I know I'm prone to osteoporosis, so I try to exercise and weight lift to increase by bone strength and density, but a supplement like this won't hurt, either! Oh and I'm not great at swallowing pills, but these are about the size of your average pain reliever so they shouldn't be an issue.
- Justin's Maple Almond Butter (~$.37 for .5 oz) - I've tried other Justin's products before and they were all delicious, so I'm excited to try this almond butter. Maple is one of my favorite flavors so I'm sure it's tasty! I'll probably use it on toast for a quick breakfast one of these mornings.
- Bolt Tape (~$3.50 for one strip) - Bolt Tape is a kinesio tape that is to be used to treat or prevent athletic injuries. My friend Sara ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon back in February and she raved about this stuff. I'm running more myself, so I'm willing to give this a try; I'll most likely apply it to my calves. I wish there were two strips, though, so that I could apply one to each calf.
Even though it's been a while since I received my last Conscious Box, I can see that they're still sending a wide variety of interesting products. This one had a good mix of food, beauty, and lifestyle products that are appropriate for people of all ages.
- Visit Conscious Box to learn more and subscribe. Use coupon code FREETRIAL to get your first box for free (just pay shipping)!
- Connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube
Bottom Line: If you're looking for an easy and fun way to learn more about eco-conscious brands, I think Conscious Box is the perfect subscription for you! I like that they offer boxes at different price points plus options for people living vegan and gluten-free lifestyles.
Want to WIN a 3-month subscription to Conscious Box? Check out my Instagram post to enter!
*Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Conscious Box. Press samples received for review purposes.