Wednesday, November 23, 2011

October Birchbox Review

Now that I’ve tried out all of the products included in my first Birchbox, I wanted to write up a review post.



So there’s my actual box. The only thing that is missing is the Kissable Couture lip gloss, because it’s currently on my desk at work. On to the reviews:

1. AHAVA Dermud Foot Cream
I got two packets of this (.14 fl oz) and I enjoyed it it. I love any kind of moisturizing product, but I don’t usually buy creams that are specifically for feet. It’s basically a thicker cream with a light scent. I thought it was nice, but nothing special. Not something I would pay full price for.

2. Tatcha Aburatorigami Blotting Papers
I really loved these! My skin gets super oily (yeah, gross) at work due to the fact that I’m up on the 11th floor and it’s really dry up there, so I keep a package of oil blotting papers at my desk. These are a higher-end version and worked really nicely. Plus they’re large and you use both sides, so I cut them in half to make them last longer. The package came with three, but the full-sized version contains 30 for $12.

3. colorscience pro sunforgettable Mineral Powder
I didn’t love this, but also didn’t hate it (.21 oz). Powder is not something I would splurge on. The shade matched my skin color well, though. Plus it’s got an SPF of 30, which is a plus.

4. Kissable Couture lip gloss in Glamour
I got a full-sized version of this in my box! I saw some other posts where people only got a trial size. That made me happy, since it’s $22 for a full-sized product (.16 oz). However, I wouldn’t buy one because it wasn’t anything special. No different to me than the CoverGirl kinds you can buy at the drugstore for $4.

5. Korres Guava Body Butter
This was definitely my favorite thing in the box (235 mL). I love body butters, and this one smells nice and is nice and thick. I would consider buying the full-sized version.

6. AHAVA Revival Bath Salts in Mandarin Cedarwood
Unfortunately I can’t review this product because it was missing from my box :( But I contacted Birchbox about it and they kindly rewarded me with 100 points, which means $10 in credits towards a full-sized product.


All in all, I was very happy with my first Birchbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.