Thursday, February 26, 2015

BeautyKind EcoBeauty Discovery Kit Review and $25 Off!

I was catching up on my Bloglovin' feed last week and I came across a post about the BeautyKind EcoBeauty Discovery Kit.  Unfortunately I didn't save the post, so I can't remember which blog it was from, otherwise I would link to it!  I was intrigued both by BeautyKind and the box, because we all know I love a good box of samples.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


BeautyKind is a wonderful online shop that has a ton of products in stock, from skincare to cosmetics to fragrance and more.  They are not exclusively an eco-beauty site, but they have a special Vegan section and lots of eco-friendly brands available.  Even better, 5% of each of your purchases is donated to the charity of your choice, which you can change at any time.  I chose the ASPCA (American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) as my charity.


I'm sorry to say that the EcoBeauty Discovery Kit is currently out of stock, but BeautyKind let me know that they are in the process of restocking them!  Keep checking here to see when they become available.  It was priced at $50, but mine only cost me $25 because I was referred by the blogger I spoke of earlier (keep reading to find out how you can get $25 off of any order, too).  All of this stuff for only $25!  I was in sample heaven.

The box is, obviously, packed with BeautyKind's favorite eco-friendly products.  Many of them are free from harsh chemicals, dyes, synthetics...all of those things that many people try to stay away from.  Most of the box is made up of skincare, and I would have preferred to receive more color cosmetics.  However, this is still an excellent deal for the price I paid, so I'm still happy with it.

I haven't tried every product yet (and I probably won't get through all of them for a while!), but I'll list what's inside along with their approximate retail values and give some feedback on the few that I have tried at the end of the post.

  • Teadora Nourishing Shampoo in Rainforest at Dusk ($5.00 for 2 fl oz) - For stronger, shinier, moisture-infused hair.  It smells slightly herbal with a little citrus thrown in.
  • Teadora Nourishing Body Cleanser in Rainforest at Dawn ($4.00 for 2 fl oz) - For cleaner, healthier, moisture-infused skin.  This one is much more "earthy" than the Rainforest at Dusk scent, with clear notes of bergamot and woods.
  • Vapour Organic Beauty Elixir Plumping Lip Gloss in Honor ($22.00 for .13 oz, full-sized) - This is made with hydrating botanicals and is 70% organic.  The shade is a pink shimmer.
  • Hush & Dotti Balm Cleanser ($10.96 for ~.6 oz) - I'm guessing on the size of this.  I also had no idea what this was until I looked it up, but it's a facial cleanser.
  • Mio Fit Skin Kit ($33.00 for three 1 fl oz bottles) - I'm considering this "full-sized" because, although the tubes are sample-sized, you can purchase the whole kit as one item.  Anyway, it's made up of the Boob Tube+, Workout Wonder, and The Activist creams.  Boob Tube+ weirds me out, it's for keeping the skin on your boobs firm.  Workout Wonder can be used pre- or post-workout to invigorate/soothe muscles, and The Activist is a body oil.  I'll definitely get good use out of Workout Wonder and The Activist, and I'll give Boob Tube+ to someone who is more worried about their boob skin than I am.
  • Le Bebe Coo Nourishing Lotion ($8.59 for 4.4 fl oz) - This is formulated for a baby's gentle skin, but it's appropriate for anyone to use, really.
  • Le Bebe Coo Head-to-Toe ($8.20 for 4.8 fl oz) - This is made with soy and is formulated to provide a better alkali environment for a baby's tender skin.
  • Molliderm ($14.00 for 3.39 oz) - I definitely had no idea what this was because the labeling is not in English, but I guessed that it was Swedish and I was correct.  I then discovered that there was a tiny sticker on the back that had some information about the product in English.  It's a hand cream made from beeswax, vegetable oil, and sunflower oil.
  • Lea Journo Hydra-Riche Hydrating Conditioner ($5.21 for 2 fl oz) - The only other time I see packaging like this is for those applesauces or other fruit mixes.  This is not edible!  It's a sulfate-free condition that restores body and shine to hair.
  • Susan Ciminelli Cleansing Milk ($15.00 for 2 fl oz) - This has lavender and calendula extracts.  I think I'll enjoy it, I like cream cleansers because I have sensitive skin.
  • Lalicious Sugar Kiss Extraordinary Whipped Sugar Scrub ($9.50 for 2 oz, full-sized) - I'm dying to smell this but I haven't broken its seal yet because I already have some body scrubs I want to use up first.
  • Meow Meow Tweet Deodorant Cream in Tea Tree ($14 for 2.4 oz) - I've seen a few Meow Meow Tweet products in subscription boxes before and have always wanted to try their stuff.  I prefer natural deodorants, so I'm sure this will be a good fit for me.
  • RGB Nail Color Remove Pad ($1.40 for one pad) - This has no artificial dyes or fragrance.
  • Tiziana Terenzi Mediterranean Candle ($25.00 for ~2.4 oz, full-sized) - I'm guessing on the size of this, but I know the price is correct per the BeautyKind website.  This has a wood wick and a beautiful container, but unfortunately it has zero scent throw.  It actually doesn't have much scent, period.  It looks pretty and I enjoy the crackling of the wood wick, though!
  • RGB Nail Care Liquid Buff ($20.00 for .4 fl oz, full-sized) - This "mimics the look of buffed nails," and I'm not really sure what that means.  A matte look, I'm guessing?
  • Pour le Monde Perfume Samples ($18.09 for three ~.125 fl oz vials) - Guessing again on the size of these, but a full-sized bottle (1.7 fl oz) retails for $82.  "Envision" is a lavender/vanilla/spicy citrus blend, "Empower" is fresh and spirited, and "Together" is a woodsy floral.
  • Patyka Samples - This brand is Leaping Bunny certified cruelty-free which is always something I like to see.  This pack included:
    • Absolis Face and Body Serum ($1.40 for .034 fl oz)
    • Absolis Face Cream - Tea Tree ($1.80 for .051 fl oz)
    • Radiant Eye Contour Cream ($7.50 for .051 fl oz)
    • Ultra Rich Radiant Face Cream ($4.80 for .051 fl oz)
    • Repair Night Serum ($10.71 for .051 fl oz)
    • Repair Face Cream ($4.05 for .051 fl oz)
    • Intense Moisturizing Mask ($2.70 for .051 fl oz)
    • Radiant Exfoliating Mask ($2.70 for .051 fl oz)
  • Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 Repair Balm ($15.00 for .1 fl oz) - So a full-sized version of this costs $255, for 1.7 fl oz!  We can add this to the list of products I will never buy a full-sized jar of.  It's an intense skin moisturizer.  Very intense, based on the price.
  • Duggan Sisters LifeStinks ($6.00 for ~1 oz) - This is a safe and effective natural deodorant, and it can also be used as a dry shampoo, foot powder, or toothpaste!
  • Christian Siriano Silhouette ($1.36 for for .033 oz) - I received this in my January Birchbox and I really like the scent.  I was surprised to see it in this box because I didn't think of it as a natural product, but I'll still take another sample of it.
  • Gloss Moderne High Gloss Masque ($16.25 for ~1 oz) - This is a hair mask for high gloss shine.
My favorite product so far is the Molliderm cream.  My hands have been so dry and cracked this winter, and it's nice and rich and leaves my hands feeling soft.  I also like the candle, even though it doesn't have much of a scent.  I'm most excited to try the Meow Meow Tweet deodorant cream.

Bottom Line: This box would have been an excellent deal at $50, but it was even more amazing for only $25!  The total retail value adds up to approximately $288.22, since I had to guess on the weights/volumes of some of the products.  I'm excited to dig in and find some new favorites, hopefully I don't fall in love with any of the really expensive ones!
  • You can get $25 off of any order simply by clicking here and using my link!  Don't forget to choose your charity to donate to!
What do you think of this box?  Have you tried any of these brands before?

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! This looks amazing! I signed up with your link and for an email when they restock. I hope they do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the name "Boob Tube+". Though as I get older, I do find myself actually thinking about my boob skin, haha. I recently started using a Missha cream for that purpose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose a little preventive care can't hurt! Lol

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.