Friday, February 13, 2015

February PopSugar Must Have Review

I feel like I get my PopSugar Must Have box a while after everyone else does, so you've probably already read a review of it somewhere else.  But that's okay, because you're still here and reading mine!  Plus, we all have different opinions about the items, and I enjoy reading what everyone thinks.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.



I purchased January's Must Have box after it originally shipped to subscribers because I really wanted the Keep Cup and PopSugar offered the boxes for 50% off to new subscribers.  I was originally just going to order a new Keep Cup Brew, but it would have cost $30 after shipping so, since it was cheaper to buy the box at half price, I bought the box!  I've said this before, but I've been thoroughly impressed by the Must Have boxes as of late, so I kept my fingers crossed that February's wouldn't disappoint.


It didn't!  I was anxiously trolling the blogosphere for spoilers (I am the most impatient person of all time) and when Liz at MySubscriptionAddiction.com posted her review I was so excited!  I thought the box was very well curated and I couldn't wait to get mine.  Unfortunately, mine didn't even ship until after most bloggers already had theirs, but at least it came only two days after I got the shipping notice.

If you're new to PopSugar Must Have, it's a lifestyle box that costs $39.95 a month.  It's more expensive than some of the other boxes out there, but I think it has been very well worth the cost because their curation has been on point!


There were technically two beauty items this month and one extra.  I was glad that PopSugar included two natural brands, even though tarte is a little less natural than they advertise as (but still, better than nothing!).
  • Figs & Rouge 100% Natural Balm ($6.14 for .60 oz) - The varieties varied on this one, and I got the Pomegranate scent.  I don't think it really smells like pomegranate, but it's not unscented, either.  I think it actually smells more like beeswax (one of the main ingredients, so it isn't vegan) than anything else.  I'm not concerned, though, because scent is not that important to me when it comes to lip balms.  I prefer natural ones because they are generally more effective than petroleum-based ones, and I'm looking forward to using this one.  Oh, one last thing--as you can see from the photo above, some of the oils started to condense on my balm, but I just ran my finger over it and they were gone (this is a common occurrence with natural products).
  • tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush ($26 for .20 oz) - This is in the shade "True Love," which everyone received. It's described on tarte's website as being "watermelon" in color, which is accurate.  I've heard that this doesn't have the best pigmentation, but I'm willing to give it a try.
  • Sally Beauty FingerPaints Nail Color ($5.49 for .50 fl oz) - This was a bonus item and the shades included varied.  Mine is "Pink Imagination."  I feel like I only ever get pink or red nail polishes from subscriptions, and those are the two colors I do not want.  I posted this for swap because I just won't use it.
  • BaubleBar Mini Arrow Pendant Necklace ($32) - I can't find this on the BaubleBar site, but the info card says the suggested retail is $32, which sounds about right.  This was available in silver or gold, and I got the gold version.  It has little crystals on it as well.  This is cute, but not my style, so I posted it for swap.
  • U.S. Apothecary Rose Water Bubble Bath ($30 for 12 oz) - I love the packaging on this so much!  It's so cute and is perfect for Valentine's Day, but I won't be using it because I'm not a fan of floral scents (especially rose).  Strong florals give me a headache, and this is very highly scented.  I like that it's vegan and made with natural ingredients, though!
  • ACME Party Box Company Bamboo Heart Cutting Board & Cheese Knife ($32) - This was my favorite item in the box and is also a PopSugar exclusive!  I was just thinking that I didn't have anything like this for entertaining, and then I saw that it would be included in the box and was excited to have it.  I linked to a similar one on the ACME Party Box site that's only $24, in case you're interested in it and didn't get this box.
  • Chuao Chocolatier Ravishing Rocky Road Bar ($6 for 2.8 oz) - I don't have a photo of this because I ate it today and forgot to take a quality photo.  I LOVE Chuao's chocolates.  All of them!  Surprisingly, this bar was one of the few varieties I hadn't tried yet, and I loved it.  It has salted caramelized almonds and marshmallows and it's just absolutely phenomenal.  It kind of reminds me of a fancy s'more!  They're on sale for $4 on the Chuao site (click the product name to go to the site), so if they aren't available in a store near you I highly suggest ordering some.
Bottom Line: Even though I won't use every item in this box, I still thought it was great!  I don't expect to love every single thing every single time, but overall I want to be happy and feel that I got my money's worth.  The total retail value here adds up to $137.63, so that's definitely a win to me!

What do you think of this month's box?

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun box! I like the Tarte and didn't have a problem with pigmentation but I like subtler blushes anyway. It's one thing I love about Popsugar, even when there's something you won't use, it's always something someone else will want. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the blush today and actually like it quite a bit! And you're right, the items are always very swappable.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.