Thursday, February 12, 2015

February Pijon Box Review

I decided to give Pijon Box a try because I've seen reviews of their past boxes and always like the mix of items they included.  They also ran a promo back in either December or January where you could try your first box free if you paid $1.99 shipping, so of course I had to sign up.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.



Pijon Box was designed as a care package for college students, but it really could be a fun treat for anyone.  You can choose a women's, men's, or gender neutral box (this review is for the women's box).  Here are the pricing options:
  • 4 months for $115.96 (one-time payment, $27/month + $1.99 shipping per month)
  • 8 months for $215.92 (one-time payment, $25/month + $1.99 shipping per month)
  • Custom for $30.99/month ($29/month + $1.99 shipping)
Since this box was designed for college students, it ships from September to December for the fall semester and from February to May for the spring semester.  Pijon Box is open to shipping during the summer, just send them an email and let them know you're interested!


I love the idea of Pijon Box.  Getting packages from my parents while I was in school was always exciting, and I think Pijon Box does a good job of picking items that college kids will both want and need.  February's box was a little lacking compared to past ones I've seen, but since I only paid $1.99 for it I wasn't too disappointed (although I would have felt differently if this cost me $30.99).


  • Not Your Mother's Plump For Joy Thickening Hair Lifter ($5.99 for 8 fl oz) - I already have pretty thick hair but I was interested in trying this because I've been letting my hair air dry more often recently and I like to add a little product to keep it from looking too flat.  I liked this a lot; I applied it to damp hair and scrunched it and it left my hair looking wavy.
  • Color Club Nail Polish in Love Links and Nature's Way ($8.50 for .5 fl oz) - I took the price directly from the Color Club website, but I have never actually seen one of their polishes on sale for that high of a price.  Usually they cost more like $5.  Anyway, I like the Color Club brand quite a lot so I'm glad Pijon Box included them.  I posted these for swap because they're similar to colors I already have, but if I didn't have so many nail polishes already I would have been really excited to get these!
  • Vapur Reflex Foldable Water Bottle ($7.99) - I feel like I've seen a foldable water bottle in a previous Pijon Box, but I could be making that up.  These are always handy to have and are great for on-the-go.  It has a carabiner attachment so a student could easily clip it to their backpack.  I took this to the gym tonight and it wasn't the best for that because it doesn't hold a ton of water, but I'd definitely take it elsewhere.
  • Oatworks Fruit Smoothie in Pomegranate Blueberry ($2.99 for 12 fl oz) - I took the price for this from the Pijon Box site (you can buy all of the products in their store).  I've had this before from a different subscription box and I think I liked it.  I don't remember hating it, so that's good!  I like to take drinks like this to work to have for breakfast.
  • Revolution Tea Sample Pack ($2.99 for three teas) - This sample pack has Peach Mango Green Tea, Blackberry Jasmine Oolong Tea, and Raspberry Black Tea inside.  I like tea but I don't drink it daily, so I currently have quite a collection building up in my cabinet.  I had the Peach Mango one last night though and it was delicious!
Bottom Line: The overall retail value of this box adds up to $28.46, so it's just a little bit less than the $30.99 price tag for anyone who purchased this using the custom option.  Obviously if you purchased a 4- or 8-month subscription it's closer to the price you paid for the box.  I also think the value is relative, because although the foldable water bottle retails for $7.99....it's a water bottle.  Even so, I liked this box.  I think it's a great idea and I know I would have loved to have received one when I was in college.  Plus, if your parents are buying it for you, I guess the retail value doesn't really matter!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how impressed I would be with this as a paying adult, but I can tell you that if I got something like this when I was in college I would be THRILLED. I was living off like $10 a week then so any treats would have been awesome, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same! I worked at the dining hall just to have enough money for groceries and gas.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.