Friday, February 20, 2015

Diptyque Feu de Bois: To Buy or Not To Buy?

I need your help!  If you are no stranger to the blogosphere, you probably know that bloggers love Diptyque candles.  A lot of the bloggers I regularly read (especially beauty bloggers) are always singing the praises of these candles.


As a candle junkie, I am interested in trying a Diptyque, but I'm not so sure I want to throw down the money for them.  If you're not familiar with the brand, their candles cost $60 for a Standard size (190 g, burn time of up to 60 hours) and $30 for the Mini (70 g, burn time of up to 30 hours).  As much as I love to shop and treat myself to things, even I am hesitating about plunking down that much cash for a candle.

But on the other hand, I have heard great things about these candles, especially the Feu de Bois.  I'm also interested in Pomander.  I'm hoping there are some people out there who own or have owned these candles that can give me some input!  I was thinking I'd at least try out a Mini, that way if I hate it at least I didn't spend $60 on it (but $30 is still a lot for 70 g).

Please leave me a comment if you've tried either of these scents, or if you've used any Diptyque candles in the past.  Are they worth the price?  Do they have good scent throw?  Are Feu de Bois and/or Pomander as wonderful as they sound (I really love fall/winter and spicy scents)?

Thanks so much for your input!  Feel free to share your other favorite Diptyque scents that you think I should try, too!

2 comments:

  1. Ack! That's... a ridiculously expensive candle. After making several batches of my own candles, I am flabbergasted by some of the prices these candles have! Wax isn't expensive, even the best kinds and while essential oils *are* pricy, there's only so much you can put in a candle without ruining it.
    I don't think I would be able to bring myself to pay $60 for a candle when I could find the same benefit from something so much cheaper. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the price is crazy! I can almost justify the mini, but it's basically votive-sized. I wish they were available in a store near me so I could at least smell them in person and then decide.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.