Sunday, February 8, 2015

My Everyday Makeup Routine with Too Faced

One of my favorite things to treat myself to is new makeup, especially eyeshadow palettes.  I like doing my makeup in the morning.  It usually takes me no more than 10 minutes and it's something I really just enjoy doing.  I recently realized that my routine is made up of mostly Too Faced products.  They're one of my favorite makeup brands because they're also one of the few who are still entirely cruelty-free, and Leaping Bunny certified as such!

Disclaimer: These products were purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Like I said, my everyday look is pretty simple and doesn't take me long to do.  Here's a rundown of what I use and how:
  • Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush - I use the shade "Something About Berry" because I like the pink/coral sheen it gives.  It's very nicely pigmented, so I only need a few swirls of my brush to get a good amount of color.  I wear this year-round because I like having a warm flush of color on my cheeks.
  • Shadow Insurance Primer - I didn't know what eyeshadow primer was until I was in college and it was life-changing!  I didn't wear a ton of makeup in high school so I never knew I needed it, but now I definitely love and need it!  Primer improves the longevity of your eyeshadow, especially if you have oily lids.  It also helps everything apply smoothly and brings out the most pigmentation from the eyeshadow (if it's a powder).  Shadow Insurance is silky smooth and just a few dabs are enough to help my shadow last all day,
  • Chocolate Bar or Natural Eye Palettes - Neutral shades are my favorites when it comes to eyeshadow and I can never have enough palettes!  The Chocolate Bar was a gift (read my full review of that here), and, actually, so was the Natural Eye palette.  The Chocolate Bar shades are made with actual cocoa powder so they smell delicious, and the Natural Eye palette is a great on-the-go set with all the colors I need.  I use a medium golden shade on my lid, a darker brown on the outside side of my lid, and a light highlighter shade on my inner lid.
  • LashGASM Mascara - I love this mascara!  My lashes are short and stick straight out, and this gives me lots of length and definition.  I know this sounds weird, but I think the bristles on the applicator are spaced apart perfectly--I don't like when they're too close together because that usually leads to clumping for me.  I only need one coat of this mascara for my lashes to look the way I want them to.
  • Perfect Eyes Eyeliner - I actually don't wear eyeliner daily, but when I do want it I have this sample that I use.  I would definitely purchase a full-sized eyeliner when this runs out because it applies very smoothly.

As you can see, everything is well-loved (especially the Chocolate Bar palette)!  All of these products perform exceptionally well and I highly recommend them.  I have other Too Faced products that are great that I don't use everyday, including their Melted lipstick, La Creme lipstick, and Chocolate Soleil bronzer.

I don't own any Too Faced brushes yet, but they have a great line that's made of teddy bear hair that I will certainly be purchasing in the future.  I always want to try their Better Than Sex mascara and Amazing Face liquid foundation.

Have you used any Too Faced products?  Which are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. i really want that Chocolate Bar palette (like I really need more eyeshadow though, lol). I didn't have a great experience with Better Than Sex Mascara (too much flaking) but a lot of people seem to love it. I do want to try Lashgasm though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% do not need more eyeshadow, but I really want their Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar palette, even though it's pretty much the same as the original. I won't buy it though, because I know that would just be ridiculous lol. I highly recommend at least one of them, though! Also I'll have to do a little bit more research before I try Better Than Sex, thanks for the heads up.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.