Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February Bare Bliss Box Review

I bought a voucher from Gilt City for one month of Bare Bliss Box, a subscription that's been on my "to try" list for a while.  They send organic beauty products and promise to only feature brands that create toxin-free cosmetics.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Bare Bliss Box normally costs $19.99 a month, with shipping included. They also have three- and six-month subscriptions available, for $16.99/month and $12.99/month, respectively.  The Gilt City voucher I purchased was for $12, but there was also a $3 shipping charge, so the box cost me $15.


There were five items total, and two of them were full-sized.  I was impressed by the packaging and the curation of items.

  • Box Naturals Box Feminine Towelettes ($2.66 for two towelettes) - These gently-scented wipes are made with all-natural ingredients and organic essential oils.  They're also 100% biodegradable and free of parabens, dyes, petrochemicals, sulfates, and synthetic fragrance.
  • Adorn Nails Nail Polish ($11 for .5 fl oz, full-sized) - I got the shade "Fairy Dust & Happy Thoughts," which is a light gold/cream pearl shimmer.  They're "Big 5" free and come in a variety of colors.
  • Pure By She She Creamy Body Wash ($2.49 for 2 fl oz) - I received the scent "Sweet Orange."  This is cruelty-free certified by PETA and is plant-based.  It's also vegan.  It has a distinct scent, but it doesn't really smell like sweet orange to me.  I'm glad to have a body wash that's free of harsh chemicals, though.
  • S.W. Basics of Brooklyn Vegan Cocoa Lip Balm ($4 for .15 oz, full-sized) - I've owned a lot of lip balms and other products from S.W. Basics of Brooklyn in the past, but I had never tried the vegan variety.  This smells just like cocoa and provides long-lasting relief from chapped lips.
  • Palmetto Derma Retinol & Peptide Infused Lifting Eye Cream ($8.50 for .125 oz) - A full-sized version of this (1 oz) retails for $68, so even if I loved it, I probably wouldn't buy a full-sized tub.  I'm sure that it's wonderful, I just have too many eye creams to get through already so I posted this up for swap.  It is also cruelty-free certified by PETA, and it is made with botanical oils and organic vitamins and minerals, among other things.
Bottom Line: I liked this box.  The total retail value is $28.65.  My voucher was good for one box and did not automatically renew, so as of now I am unsubscribed.  I would consider subscribing to Bare Bliss Box in the future, but right now I think I have too many subscriptions to manage as it is.

2 comments:

  1. How do you feel about the regular price for this box and what you received? Since I'm not huge on getting organic beauty products, I can't tell if it's decent or a little high. I feel like this would be better at a $16 price point.
    Although now I'm hearing that Gilt City voucher users got different boxes from regular subscribers and I hate that so much. I'm signed up for 5 more boxes and I hope my boxes do not continue to be different. Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I didn't know that the Gilt City people got different boxes. That's really messed up. Based on reviews on other blogs I've seen (not with the Gilt City boxes), I think $20 is a fair price because organic/natural products are usually a little bit more on the expensive side. I wouldn't pay a penny more than $20 for it, though.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.