Monday, February 9, 2015

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Review

The First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream was included in January's PopSugar Must Have box.  I had tried a few other First Aid Beauty products before thanks to Little Black Bag but wasn't really blown away by any of them.  I was interested in trying this cream because I had heard good things about it, plus I need something for my dry, cracked hands during the winter.  Turns out, it's wonderful!

*Disclaimer: This product was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


A 6.0 oz jar of this cream will cost you $30, which is certainly on the more expensive end.  First Aid Beauty also offers a 2.0 oz version for $12, so if you want to try it without having to spend a lot of money on the larger size you can.

The cream is described on the FAB website as a "thick, rich, emollient product that hydrates deep down with exceptional penetration."  It's made with colloidal oatmeal, shea butter, soothing eucalyptus oil, and ceramides and can be used on the face or body.  I've been using this on my hands because it's supposed to combat severely dry, scaly skin.  It also helps with eczema, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, and keratosis pilaris.


I like that the cream is free from parabens, harsh chemicals, and colorants, making it safe for sensitive skin.  When it comes to hand creams I prefer to have no fragrance because I don't want any ingredients irritating my skin further.  My hands have been so dry this winter (as they are every winter) and this cream soothes them!  It's not as thick as I thought it would be; in fact, I think it's pretty smooth and silky.  It absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving a greasy feeling.

Bottom Line: I like the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream quite a bit and am very glad it was included in the January PopSugar Must Have box, because I probably wouldn't have purchased it otherwise.  It has worked well to combat the dry, cracked skin on my hands and a little goes a long way so the jar will last me quite a while.  Are there comparable creams out there that are less expensive?  Yes.  But if you don't mind the price, I think you'll be very happy with this cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.