Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Zoya Mystery Shades Review and Swatches

Back in the beginning of January Zoya ran a "New Year, New Hue" promo where you could get three polishes plus a set of three mini "Mystery Shades" for only the price of shipping ($15).  I jumped at the offer because I wanted to grab a few Pixie Dust shades before they were retired, plus I was curious about the mystery set, because the shades were selected by Zoya's creative director and were never available for purchase previously.

Disclaimer: These products were purchased by See, Shop, Love!


I had been frantically searching the web for any spoilers about what the mystery shades were and I was bummed when I couldn't find any.  I just got my order today, though, and I wanted to share the trio with everyone in case someone else was just as curious as I was!


I just did some hasty swatching, but from left-to-right, the shades are: Charlotte, Severine, and Anais.  Charlotte is the only creme of the bunch, and it's got yellow undertones.  Severine is a gold shimmer, and Anais is a very dark brown shimmer with gold undertones.  I'm not sure if Zoya will be releasing these as full-sized shades in the future.


Bottom Line: I am a huge fan of the Zoya brand, but to be honest I don't love these polishes.  The formula is as great as it always is, but the colors are so bland and boring!  I guess the gold shimmer is fun, but I already have a bunch of polishes that are very similar.  The other two are not shades I would pick out on my own.  That being said, I'm still glad I took advantage of this deal because getting three full-sized Zoyas for only $15 is a steal!

What do you think of the Mystery Shades?  Did you purchase any Zoyas during this promo?

4 comments:

  1. I am pretty disappointed in the mystery shades. One of them is the color of booger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, me too! The colors are not very fun at all to me.

      Delete
  2. I'm not crazy about these either. I think Charlotte is OK, but still a bit boring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.