Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My Favorite Winter Candles

I love candles so much. I have a closet shelf full of them, plus some in a few drawers, on the windowsills, and in my bookshelves. I might have a problem! Winter time brings forth a bevy of wonderfully-scented candles, and I've compiled a list of some of my favorites.


1. Yankee Candle Crackling in Stargaze - "Warm cedar, amber, and musk create a fragrant glow against a clear night sky."  The scent on this is crisp and wonderful, but I especially love this candle because of the crackling wooden wick!

2. Illume Noble Currant - "Rich red currant, crimson rose, and sherry wine blend with rare woods, frankincense, and a hint of warm spices."  I got this in the Home Sweet Homespun Limited Edition Birchbox and immediately fell in love!  It's sweet with a hint of spice.

3. Yankee Candle Sugared Apple - "A deliciously sweet apple treat...a perfect recipe of juicy apples sprinkled with sugar and vanilla."  My mom got this as a gift last year and it is amazing!  It's very sweet, but if you love apples, you'll love this candle as much as I do.

4. Coco & Bubbles Gingerbread - "Fill your home this season with the sweet, warm, and inviting smell of gingerbread.  Warm vanilla and spices combine for a fresh-from-the-oven scent."  Gingerbread is a quintessential Christmas scent, and this candle smells good enough to eat!

5. Frostbeard Studio Winterfell - "Part of our Book Lovers' Series, this candle is a completely original scent!  It's fresh, earthy, and cozy at the same time; not hard to imagine yourself in front of the fire in a castle!"  This has notes of scotch pine and firewood and is inspired by Westeros from George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire.  I love the firewood notes!

6. Big White Yeti Snow Day - "This candle...is an absolutely beautiful, complex fragrance made of notes of juniper berry, vetyver, and sandalwood."  This is the perfect candle for winter; it truly does remind me of a beautiful, snowy day!

7. Goose Creek Candle Co. Winter Splendor - "This is a cool winter scent with red berries, cinnamon, vanilla bean, white cedar, and smokey firewood."  I got this candle in a Little Black Bag and it's so big that I'm not even a third of the way through with it (it burns for 120-150 hours).  It's crisp and cool but still has hints of warmth, so lovely!

8. Bath & Body Works Merry Mistletoe - "A flirty and festive blend of cranberries, pears, frosted citrus and a hint of holiday greenery."  Some people think that the candles from Bath & Body Works are too strong or cloying, but I love them.  This one is especially great, it's got a smooth scent that's a great mix of fruity and warm,

What are some of your favorite winter scents?  Please share them in the comments, I love trying new candles!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo candles! I completely agree with you. Nothing says the holidays, to me, like burning some fabulous scented candles. I am addicted to Bath and Body Works candles, that's for sure ( i am buning this one called espresso right now and its glorious)...thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I smelled the espresso one the last time I was in the store and it was so good!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.