Arcade Block is a geek/gamer subscription that specifically sends video game items. It costs $19.99 a month and ships from Canada, so it's about $30 after shipping to the U.S. Each box comes with a t-shirt (they ask for your size when you sign up), which always makes the box a good value overall.
- Assassin's Creed II Pop Vinyl - This was randomly selected from six options, and our box had Ezio, the main character of the Assassin's Creed franchise. I don't know much about the game other than what I've observed of Pete playing it, but he was really happy with this and was glad to have gotten Ezio.
- Minecraft Hangers - This is a blind box-type item with 10 possible designs inside. We haven't opened it yet, but it's a keychain, I think.
- Team Fortress 2 Gift Wrap - I don't know anything about Team Fortress 2, but based on their website I think it's a computer game that has comic books as well. Either way, 'tis the season for wrapping presents, so this will come in handy.
- DOTA 2 Convertible Bandana - I'm not familiar with DOTA (Defense of the Ancients), but it looks like an online MMORPG. This bandana can be worn a bunch of different ways and has different characters' faces on it.
- Mario Bros. Super Star - The informational card says this is "back by popular demand," so I guess it was pretty popular in a previous box? This is only the third month of the box, though, so it must have been included in the first month (we started subscribing at the second box). It's a cute little stress reliever, or I suppose it could be a decoration.
- Mario Bros. Hero Series T-Shirt - I almost forgot to post about the t-shirt! It features Mario, obviously, and is an interesting design. It's not Pete's favorite, but he'll still wear it out and about.
Bottom Line: Arcade Block is a fun subscription for gamers. I'm not a part of their target audience, but Pete enjoys it and I like that they send a t-shirt in each box. I suppose how much you like the box really depends on what games are featured, but if you like surprises, I'd recommend giving it a try!
*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post.